Trust - Lourik (Fell!Poth) (3)

Type: Angst
Ship: Lourik (Lotus x Rurik/Fell!Goth x Fell!Palette)
First Person (POV switches)
Not requested I just thought of it and wanted to write it before I lost motivation
----

One week left

Seven days. Seven days to come up with a plan. Seven days to decide if I wanted to leave my whole life behind for a chance to be happy. There was nothing for me here, but I don't know if running off with a criminal is the life I want to live. My mind drifts back to my mother. He died when I was six years old, but I did remember one thing he'd told me. Follow your heart. Do what makes you happy. What makes me happy... the only thing I can think of is Rurik. It's true, he does make me happy, but the uncertainty is killing me. When Rurik said there was a chance that those fantasies could become a reality, I'm not going to lie, I was excited. He told me about the how it could be done, and it seemed like it was possible. He insisted that he didn't want to risk my safety, though. He said he was already facing death anyways, he didn't care about himself if we got caught. It was... charming, I guess, how much he cared about me.

I wanted to go with him, I really did. I'll follow my heart this time, and see where it takes me. Who knows what the future could hold...

-

Six days left

(POV Switch)

It was one in the morning. I couldn't sleep. Lotus told me that he wanted to go with me. Six days left. Six days until I was supposed to die. I was going to do anything within my power to not let that happen. My mind drifts back to the plan. Firstly, the horse. Buckle. During the trip to the capital, he didn't like the reigns or saddle at all. That was a problem, but should be fairly easy to resolve. I rode wild horses when I was younger, teaching myself to ride without a saddle. I used it as a way to spend my time away from my family. I didn't know if Buckle would respond to commands without a saddle though. And Lotus probably didn't know how to ride bareback. Hell, maybe not even ride a horse at all. There were so many things that could go wrong with this plan, just in this one part alone. But I didn't have anything to lose, I was going to die anyways. My biggest issue was getting away from the guards in the first place, buying myself enough time to get to the stables. I'd hate to admit it, hate to put Lotus in harm's way, but I needed his help. Suddenly, the door to the tiny, dark room opened and I looked up. It was Lotus. What's he doing here? It's the middle of the night...

"Hey, Lotus..." I mumbled, still confused. "Why're you here? I thought you left a few hours ago."

Lotus entered the room, not fully closing the door behind him, but closed enough to seem like it was still locked. He sat down next to me and rested his skull on my shoulder.

"I can't sleep. This whole thing is crazy. I'm just... stressed, I guess." I nodded. It made sense. I put an arm around his shoulders and he leaned into me. I wish we could stay like this forever, just sitting, enjoying the warm embrace. He frowns. "I'm not supposed to be here..."

I nod slowly. "I know... but soon we won't have to worry about that anymore, we'll get to play by our own rules." He hummed as a response and wrapped his arms around my waist.

The quiet of the night dragged out as i stroked his skull lightly. It was nice, holding him close. He glanced up at me and smiled, and I smiled back. I closed my eyes and was nearly asleep when he muttered;

"Are you sure this is going to work?..."

It took me a moment to answer. "Absolutely. I have no doubts in my mind, everything is going to turn out just fine." He nodded and I could feel him relax against me.