Mercy - Bloodlust

Written in first person (Lust's POV)
Type: Fluff
(No request, I just got bored)
----

The sun peeked through the curtains, ending up right in my eye sockets. Of course. As I sat up, I could hear my spine pop. Yeesh, why am I so stiff...
The clock read 8:48, which meant I had slept a little later then usual. Hopefully Horror didn't burn the kitchen down while I was asleep, as he wasn't still in bed. Standing up, I pull on one of my favorite tops, a black, fleece sweater with small Purple Hearts scattered about. It's long, so I don't bother putting on pants. It's just Horror and I, after all. Walking downstairs, I can hear chatter coming from the living room, so I assume that's where he is.

Slipping down the hallway, seemingly unnoticed, I step into the kitchen to make breakfast. Oh thank stars, it's not burned down. The last time Horror tried to cook the entire house almost collapsed. Gathering some ingredients for pancakes, my mind starts to wander to less important things. "What's the weather like?" Or "What day is it, again?" Or "I wonder what to do today." things like that. I can hear some laughter from the other room, which probably means the others are here. Killer, Dust, maybe Nightmare. Maybe I should've put pants on... oh well, in the end I don't really care. I've made this recipe so many times I don't have to look at it anymore, I have the measurements and such memorized. I'm pouring out the flour when I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist.

I chuckle. "Morning, Rory." He just pushes his face into my neck and mumbles a response, but it's good enough. He eventually lifts his skull.

"How'd you sleep?" He asks.

"Good, sorry about sleeping a little late. Thanks for keeping the house intact while I was asleep." He scoffs, but I know he knows it's true. "Are the others here? I heard laughing."

"Mmhm. They're in the other room."

I nod. That's cool, I like them, even if it was a bit unexpected. "Alright, cool. I'll make some extra then." I say, mixing the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.

He nods into my shoulder but doesn't let go. I sigh and set down the bowl I was using to mix the ingredients. I manage to turn around to face him without breaking his grip, and I hug him back. I can feel him grin stupidly against my shoulder. Fuck, I love this man. I hug him for a solid two minutes before pulling back to keep cooking.

"Sorry, hun, but I can hug you more when these are done. I'm starving to death." He sighs but nods, and kisses my forehead before walking away.

I'm so lucky I found him. Some people might not understand it, but even though he's sadistic, he's so sweet... He makes me feel safe. I've only been living with him for... what is it, 8 months now? Maybe longer than that, but still, it's been the best 8 months of my life. Suddenly, I hear loud, panicked shouting from the other room.

"EW! KILL IT, IT MIGHT HAVE A DISEASE OR SOMETHING!"

It sounds like Killer. I set down the bowl, again, and make my way to the living room to see what the problem is.
Entering the room, this is what I see; Killer, Dust and Cross screaming at each other about how "Your a coward!" "No, you are!", Horror holding his axe in the corner, Error sitting on the ceiling, and Nightmare with his resting expression of disappointment. Then, I spot what's causing all the commotion. It's just a small, snowy white, baby mouse in the middle of the room. The poor thing must be scared to death.

"Everyone, shut up! You're scaring the poor thing!" I shout, walking toward the mouse.

"Lust, don't touch it, it might have a disease or whatever!" Dust says.

"Rats carry diseases, not mice, dumb dumb." I pick up the small mouse. It's shaking, the poor thing. "We're not going to kill this little guy, he's just a baby."

Horror opens his mouth to argue but I shoot him the "this is not negotiable and if you try I'll break your knees" look and he shuts up.

"Now, let's get back to whatever we were talking about." I say, setting the mouse on my shoulder.

-

I ended up forgetting about the pancakes. Oops. The good news is that everyone calmed down pretty quickly and the conversation resumed as normal, and I was able to snuggle with Horror the whole time. Being honest, I didn't really pay attention to a thing the others were saying. The new little mouse friend calmed down when it realized I wasn't going to hurt it, and it fell asleep in my left arm's sleeve, and I'm okay with that. Maybe we can have a pet, or something. That'd be nice. I don't remember when, but apparently I fell asleep at some point, because I woke up back in bed, with the little mouse messing around on the nightstand. I don't really want to move, so I just lay there. I stayed up really last yesterday, so I basically fucked my sleep schedule. Oh well. The future is open wide, and maybe now that life is going well, I'll stick around the find out what happens.

--
Word count: 901
I just got bored and BloodLust is my OTP so, like Lust just said, Fuck my sleep schedule.