Wind - Pray (1)

-Third person
-Fluff
-Short, sorry
-Pray (Palette x Cray uwu)
(Requested by Fateistiedin_Crimson )

----

It was a bright Saturday morning, the autumn leaves scattered around in neat, uneven portions, splicing the town into sections decorated with leaves like colored pencil shavings. The chilled air ripped at Palette's scarf as he walked by the river that broke the town in half. The water was disturbed by the raging wind, but luckily no cold spray of icy water showered him as he walked. Still, he ended up having to hold onto his hat to prevent it from flying away. The wind was strong and cold, but it was refreshing. He was walking alone, though his friend, Goth had offered to meet up with him somewhere over the phone. It had been a stressful week for him, and he'd just needed a break. The cold wind was comforting, in a way. Everything was going wrong, it seemed, but the cold wind stinging his face made him feel better and more in the moment. He wandered the neighborhood, eventually making his way to the more downtown-ish area. The smells of fresh bread and coffee that filled this area's air was nice and he'd thought about stopping to get something, but he'd forgotten his wallet at his house. Palette just thought while he walked, as he had nothing else to do. He soon realized that he never really had taken a few moments to just think, and it really made a difference. It made him smile, knowing he'd finally taken the time to observe these things. He eventually found himself at a park, one that he'd never really been to before. Sitting down on a bench, he took a moment to look around.

"Autumn sure is pretty, huh?"

Palette snapped in the direction of the voice, surprised. Upon seeing the speaker, he dropped the defensive stance. It was Cray. They were very close friends, maybe something more, but nothing was established. Palette smiled at him.

"Hey, Cray... where did you come from?" Palette asked. Cray just shrugged and sat next to him.

Palette didn't question him further, as Cray just randomly appeared sometimes. It was convenient most of the time, as they liked being near each other. The two sat in silence for a long while, observing the falling leaves and the trees becoming barren. The two had always loved autumn, as they had a mutual agreement that the colors all fitted together perfectly. That said, it was still cold most of the time. This being the colder morning that it was, they both felt the chill of the wind deep in their bones. The area was large, a field surrounded by a circle of trees with a basketball court on the far side. It was close to the high school they went too, even though Palette had never really noticed it. Still, soon enough, Palette was shivering, as he hadn't worn a coat and wasn't walking anymore. However, Cray noticed it and put one of his arms around Palette's shoulders, pulling him closer to keep him warm. What Cray didn't notice was the light yellow-green blush dusted over Palette's face. Palette knew he'd liked Cray for a while, but he'd never expected it to be so sudden. He leaned on Cray and took a few deep breaths. The two just sat like that for a while, enjoying the moment. But, eventually the wind got to them. Cray looked over at Palette.

"Hey, Pal?" He said.

"Hm?" Palette looked up at him.

"Wanna go grab some coffee or something? It's really fucking cold out here."

Palette blushed. "Err, I.. Yeah! Sure, that sounds great!"

Cray smiled and the two stood up and headed to their favorite café, just a few blocks away. They talked and laughed as they walked, just goofing around as most dumb teens do. There were a few quiet moments, some taken just to enjoy the scenery and others with a tensely awkward aura. The chill of the morning had slightly faded, as around forty five minutes had passed and the sun had risen higher in the sky. Soon enough, they reached their destination. It was a small café that was on the less-busy side of town. It wasn't very well known, but it was a tradition for the group of friends (Palette, Goth and Cray) to go there when they were bored. The barista, who was a Dog-based monster, waved at them as they walked into the small building. They both waved back with a smile and went to find a seat. They were one of the few people in the café, and they took their seats near the large window in the front of the store. They talked for a few minutes before the dog-monster walked up to them.

"Hello, Cray, Palette. Welcome back, how are you two today?" They asked happily.

"Hi Flint, we're good! It's really cold out there. Can we get our usual stuff?" Cray laughed.

"No kidding, and I forgot about bringing a jacket! Could've at least let me borrow yours!" Palette jokingly commented, playfully hitting Cray's arm. Cray turned to look at him.

"I could've, why didn't you ask?" He asked.

"Uh... I, um... I don't know..." Palette muttered, embarrassed.

"Ooooooo! You guys are such lovebirds! I'll go get you your coffee and tea, have fun boys." Flint laughed and winked at Palette before walking away, tail wagging.

Palette's face turned bright yellow-green with embarrassment. Cray laughed a little before looking back at Palette and realizing what was going on.

"Cray... I, um..." Palette mumbled, avoiding eye contact with his friend.

"Palette..."

"I just, I didn't really know if you'd... I've really... um, liked you... uh... oh gosh I'm just making this worse aren't I..." Palette laughed nervously.

"Palette."

"I guess I was just worried, that... um, like.. That I wasn't good enough or something, I don't-"

Cray kissed his forehead and Palette fell silent. Cray pulled away and smiled down at Palette.

"I love you too, dummy." Cray laughed. Palette just stared at him with surprise for a moment, but then smile back and laughed a little.

"A Latte with cream and a Ginger Tea for the boys," Flint said happily, walking over to the two. "And some complimentary hot chocolate! On the house, its cold out!" They set down the drinks with a smile. "Anything else, boys?"

"Nah, thanks for the hot chocolate though! I got all I need right here." Cray said, putting an arm around Palette's shoulder with a laugh. The two skeletons smiled at each other.

"Aww, I ship it. Have a good day, you two!"

"I think we will," Palette said as Flint walked away, taking his Ginger Tea. "My life just got a lot better."

----
Word count: 1135
Sorry if this doesn't read quite as smoothly as it probably should, I haven't really written this ship before. Still, I hope you liked it!

-Your Parental Unit, LeFriendlyBoi