Trust - Lourik (Fell!Poth) (2)

Type: angst I think?
Ship: Lourik (Lotus x Rurik/Fell!Goth x Fell!Palette)
First Person (POV switches)
Not requested I just thought of it and wanted to write it before I lost motivation
----

Two weeks, four days left

His name was Lotus. The conversation we'd had, though short, was a nice one. I hadn't talked to anyone in a while, and he was easy to talk too. What confuses me the most is why he was so open about talking to me. He knows I'm a murderer... but who doesn't at this point. Still, though, even after one conversation, he was the closest thing I had to a "friend" in years. It was... nice having someone to talk too, even if he wasn't around most of the time. It made the days less dull, anyway. I looked forward to when he'd pass by once or twice a every few hours, as even the brief conversations we had... they meant something. At least to me they did. They meant something, but I wasn't sure what.

-

Two weeks left

We had started talking more over the past four days. We'd warmed up to each other quicker than I'd like to admit, but it was worth it in my opinion. He told me that his mother died when he was young, and he was working at the castle to escape his father, who was still unable to get past the loss and had turned to substance abuse. I knew what he meant. My mother was a blackout drunk, whereas my father sold... more than questionable things. Having someone to talk to made a significant difference. I never had the before. Still, he was still always focused on his work while doing so, but that changed today. He looked at me. Walked up to the bars of the cell and leaned on it. I had walked up to him, meeting the bars that held us apart. We'd stopped talking then, just stared at each other. I knew it then, and how unfortunate that it was a few weeks before I was to die. I loved him. At least I think I did, as I've never truly felt what real love is like. My parents said they loved me once. That was a lie.

I was distracted from my thoughts as footsteps echoed down the corridor. I expected Lotus, and I smiled slightly. I wasn't entirely wrong, but he wasn't alone. I sat up straight, getting off the wall I was leaning on. Lotus stood by the door of the tiny, damp room with another monster. They looked vaguely deer-like, and wielded a spear.

"We've received an anonymous complaint," the deer-thing started. "That you've been causing trouble with the other prisoners. We're here to move you to solitary confinement."

Solitary confinement? Trouble? What on earth were they talking about... then I noticed Lotus trying not to smile. He was planning something... I trusted him. I nodded and stood up.

-

Now I realize what Lotus was doing. The room was small and dark, but there was not as bad a smell and no rats here. He was trying to help me. I smiled to myself. What a sneaky bastard... then the door opened. I looked over at it, confused. But then I saw the dark, lengthy cloth on the ground before he even entered the room.

"Hey, Lotus." I said, smiling at him. He smiled back and stood in the doorway.

"Hi, Rurik." He said quietly. "I talked to the guards and I get to come over here twice a day. Not for long, I'm only supposed to give you your food, but I'm sure we can slip a few words in." I nod.

A long silence drags out between us, just like it had this morning. I found myself studying his face, the curves and edges, a few subtle scars on his cheek, the way the light of the hallway behind him reflected off his cloak. Artist's instinct, I guess. Strangely, he didn't look away, even after a few minutes of this silence. He was beautiful, to say to very least. The realization hit me like a truck, I did love him, I trusted him with my past and secrets I'd kept for my whole life. The light red dusted over his face brightened and I remembered I was staring at him. I blinked and mumbled an apology, but he didn't leave. I made eye contact once again, a smile tugging to break free.