Forever - Afterdeath (2)

-This Oneshot is written in third person but mostly focused on Reaper
-Type: Angst(?)
-Warning: Feels, Religious commentary
Not requested, just got bored
-----

"Reaper, what is going on."

Reaper didn't hesitate. "Something is wrong with Geno. He's in been in some  type of deep sleep for the past few days, but a few hours ago he woke up just to mumble nonsense and shiver. We're all really worried and I thought you could help."

Life listened carefully and considered what Reaper had told her.

"Well... The most likely problem is his absence from the Save File, if what you've told me about his past is correct. He's been living in our universe for what, 5 years now? The magic-bound necklace I gave him to help keep him alive... the magic might be fading. Don't worry, I can restore the magic, but if it isn't the Save File messing with his health, this may be a little more difficult. I understand my position as the God of Life, but that doesn't mean I can prevent death."

Reaper nodded. It was his responsibility to take care of the multiverse's deaths, not Life. Which it now only occurred to him that it meant that if Life couldn't help and Geno's condition worsened, he'd have to at least try reap Geno's glitched soul. Even the thought of such a thing nearly brought tears to Reaper's eye sockets. Life placed a comforting hand on Reaper's shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Geno will be fine. He's survived death before, hasn't he? This will be nothing compared to that."

Reaper sighed. "I hope so. But hey, even in the worst case scenario, maybe his soul is glitched out enough to the point where it can't be reaped." Reaper broke eye contact with Life as he glanced over the garden.

"Perhaps a visit to the Save File would be good for him. Please don't hesitate to ask me for help if you feel you need it." Life said calmly. "But, now that that's out of the way, I insist you and your children stay for some tea."

-

The group walked home, quietly conversing amongst themselves about their visit. Well, Goth and Reaper talked, Shino was too busy waving at most of the Gods and Deities they passed. Shino's excited waves caught the attention of a certain group of minor gods, who had been gossiping amongst themselves. None of them waved back, and only glared at the young skeleton. The tallest of the group began walking toward the three, a few others following their lead. Shino tugged on Reapers cloak and pointed at the approaching gods. Reaper looked over and stopped walking as Goth took Shino's hand protectively.

"Salutations." Reaper said blankly, maintaining his reputation as "emotionless" among his fellow gods. The others offered no greeting. They seemed like some of Undyne's battle-oriented students, as they wore scars and wielded spears and other weapons proudly.

"You're Death, right?" The tallest of the group asked. They wore a horse-like skull as a mask, with large horns poking out of their head. They stood upward, yet resembled a malnourished wolf. They also carried a mace, which was vaguely pointed in their direction. "The guy who broke the law?"

Reaper sighed. Not this again. "Yes, that's me. My name is Reaper." He stepped forward, putting Goth and Shino behind him. "Now, if you'll excuse us, we'll be on our way." He turned and to continue walking.

The group of minor gods watched them walk away menacingly, and backed away slowly into the surrounding forests.

-