Chapter Thirty-nine 🌈

~NAMJOON POV~

I'm over the moon that Y/n agreed to come home. I really am and I haven't stopped thinking about it since she left earlier on today saying she needed to get back to work but told me I'm to eat the food that she kindly came by to give me. She didn't have to do that but I appreciated it very much.

Though I was very shocked to see her walk into my office when she did but she's still as beautiful as ever. We do need to talk about things but after what he dad told me, I believe him but in a way there's that small part of me that is searching for more confirmation. I know it's stupid and I don't think it's lies it's just I felt like I needed either her or just anyone else to tell me it's true.

Sure I've had Jin tell me it's true but I just needed her or even Jimin for that matter to admit that the child is not his.

But when I look at Y/n now after the party. I cant help but feel more love towards her if that was possible, she's the mother of my child, my son at that. Which is still very hard to believe but its true.

Jin the other day gave me all his copies of every scan picture that Y/n has had so far and copies of notes from her medical history that he had Taehyung hack into the hospitals database for her files and print them off just for me. I didn't think he or Jungkook were capable of doing these things and it makes me wonder if they would come join my company well my fathers company when one day I take over. Their skills would actually be very useful in this line of work. But they seem happy working for Y/n in the restaurant right now, but maybe just one day I could talk to them some other time as a suggestion.

Someone knocks on the door of my office and I sigh to myself from overthinking about everything and lean back in my chair after telling who ever it is to come in. I roll my shoulders back and look at the door open to see my dad walk in and close the door behind him. Another surprise visit today so it seems.

"Hi dad, is everything okay?"

My dad nods with a happy chuckle and sticks his hands in his pockets and walks in further to then take a seat in one of the chairs in front of my desk,

"Everything is just fine, son. I actually wanted to come in and check on you while I was in the building." Dad

"Oh, yeah everything's fine. Things are running smoothly, don't worry."

I assured him and he sits up a little more in his seat with his beaming bright smile.

"I also ran into Y/n as she was leaving. She told me that she just seen you, I guess it went well since she was in a pretty good mood." Dad

She was?

I'm glad to hear that.

"She also mentioned that you asked her to move back in with you. I also assume she said yes." Dad

My dad was grinning happily while I became a little bashful. This man can be a little intimidating even if I do love him.

"Yes I asked her. I just want to look after her and the baby. You know just to make sure they're okay."

"I know you love her son. It's painfully obvious, it always has been. I think we've even told you this before, yes?" Dad

I nod sheepishly and scratch the back of my head.

"Yes you have and mom and even Y/ns dad. You've all told us this."

"Then you can imagine how happy your mother is to find out she's going to be a grandmother. She couldn't stop talking about it at the party." Dad

My mom knew?

I don't know how to take that but okay. I'll speak to Y/n about then when we finally have a much needed talk about things. I didn't really know what else to say to be honest and there was silence between us but I could feel my dads strong gaze on me when I try to distract myself by looking at something on my computer screen.

"I'm very proud of you, you know that right?" Dad

He blurts out and I almost choke on air in surprise. Whipping my head at him in surprise did he laugh lightly at my reaction.

"I've always been proud of you. You're a very smart young man Namjoon, always have been and I knew you would live up to the expectations you were thinking I wanted from you but it's not always been work related reasons to why I've been hard on you." Dad

"Because of my sexuality right?"

I asked him but he was quick to shake his head.

"No, that never bothered me. I was just more worried about those that work in the business we do and look down on you because of it. Knowing that one day you would take over the company in my place and then to think that some men in this line of business can be brutal was a hard thought to grasp. I didn't care if you had boyfriends Namjoon. I mean I like that Jin boy, he's always the pleasure to speak to." Dad

I was god smacked. Never in my life did I think he was only off with me about my sexuality because of his reasons but he did it because he was worried.

"Plus I knew you and Y/n were a strong thing going on there so I was a little confused at first but it didn't matter to me. As long as you are happy with your life son, that's all I ask for and I know that with you in your childs life to have you as a role model, he'll turn out just fine." Dad

I'm speechless. I mean what do I say?

Never has my dad been so touching with words and here he is in my office telling me how proud he is of me.

I felt a tear slip from my eye and I was quick to wipe it away but he noticed and stood gesturing for me to do the same and I do. I stand up and walk around the desk and into his arms that were held out for me to welcome me in his embrace.

It's been years since I've hugged my own dad, it made me feel like a child again and I treasured the moment with him. He rendered me speechless with his sudden confession.

We stayed hugging one another in the middle of the room until we pulled apart and he pats my shoulder with a fond smile.

"Don't forget I told you that okay? I love you very much. No matter what you do in life. Okay?" Dad

I nod and again he pulls me back in for a hug. I don't know where this is coming from but I lost definitely won't be forgetting it.

"You'll be a great father Namjoon. You'll make your son proud too. I just know it." Dad

He whispers in my ear and rubs my back.

This has been one of the best days of my life so far. I just don't want this moment to end.