35

Sitting outside the operating room, Yuri hugged her knees tight as she sat on the floor, letting all the tears come out and flow on her cheeks.

She should've been the one who was shot earlier. If it wasn't for Yena who saved her, she would've been the one who's in pain.

One of the nurses told her a while ago that Yena had lost a lot of blood on the way to the hospital. That added more pressure to Yuri.

Yuri blames herself for everything. From letting her cousin date her best friend, to Yena saving her. All that she can do was pray and cry her eyes out. She's hoping for only one thing, the safety of her best friend.

"Yuri-yah." She looked up and saw Eunbi squatting in front of her. Eunbi's heart broke into pieces when she saw the younger's condition. She's the one who's hurting the most emotionally out of all of them. "It'll be okay. Everything's gonna be okay." Eunbi said as she hugged the girl tight. Yuri had considered Eunbi as her mom whenever she's far away from home. Eunbi was always by her side and was the one who consoled her every time she's upset. Eunbi patted her back and whispered that everything's alright. She continued to cry but at least, she felt comfort.

Yujin stared at the small clear glass by the door. She teared up as she saw Yena on that state. Like Yuri, she was also hoping for Yena's health. All of them hopes for the same thing.

All of them are at the hospital even if there are curfews for some of them. Eunbi just took the responsibilities of being their guardian.

They then heard people rushing to where they were. Yuri and Yena's parents.

Yuri ran to their direction and hugged her mom tightly which the woman returned.

"What happened, Yuri-yah?" Yena's dad asked.

"Yena unnie saved me." Yuri said, forming a sentence even though she was crying nonstop. "Goeun unnie shot her."

"Goeun?!" This time, Yuri's dad spoke. "Goeun did that?"

Yuri just nodded. Goeun has always been a bully. But never in their wildest dream did they expect Goeun to do these things.

Yuri's dad dialed someone's number, probably Goeun's parents. Yena became their second child ever since the beginning. They love Yena to the extent that they even sides on her more than they side Yuri, their own daughter.

Meanwhile, Yena's mom also took a look inside just like what Yujin did. She bursted into tears when she saw Yena. It was like one of those days when Yena had cancer and would always be at the hospital.

Just like what Eunbi did to Yuri, she patted Yena's mom's back and assured her that everything will be alright and that Yena's safe. All eleven pairs of parents knew Eunbi because she would always be the one to drop them off back then. They trust her so much.

"Yuri, you should eat first. You haven't eaten since last night." Chaeyeon told Yuri when she let go of her mom's hug.

"Chaeyeon's right, Yul. Yena will smack you real hard if you don't eat, common." Yuri's mom smiled sweetly at her daughter.

"Girls, let's eat first. The operating might take a while so let's eat first." Eunbi said.

The girls agreed but the parents would like to stay since they said they already ate.

All of them went to the canteen on the ground floor. Eunbi and Chaeyeon consoling Yuri, and the others were just being quiet which was unusual. But no one can blame them though, this isn't just the right time to be chaotic.

After each of them ordered their foods, they just talked about random things just to cheer Yuri up and for her to avoid being sad.

"Unnie you should eat your food. Yujin unnie will eat that." Wonyoung playfully said which earned her a smack on the back of her neck.

"I already ate two sandwiches. I don't steal." Yujin said, being proud of herself.

"Says the one who stole Eunbi unnie's basket of food from our picnic last year." Hyewon said and rolled her eyes.

"Says the one who eats half of the cake from each of our birthdays." Yujin also rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out to Hyewon.

"Don't fight, children. Or else I won't give you food for a week." Eunbi said that made the two quiet.

"Grandma's scary when she's mad." Wonyoung said. Eunbi looked at her with a frown on her face.

Yuri giggled at all their actions. Her friends surely knows how to make her laugh.

All of them then looked at Yuri.

"Yay! Yuri unnie laughed!" Yujin yelled which gained a few stares from the people around them. She bowed and sat properly on her chair.

"Y'all should finish your foods. We're gonna go back after." Chaeyeon told them. The girls obeyed and continued eating their foods.

---

"Is it done now, mom?" Yuri asked her mother who was sitting on one of the chairs in front of the operating room.

"Not yet, Yul. But I think just a few minutes." The woman said. "Girls, you should take a seat."

As what the woman told them to do, they sat and patiently waited for some news from the doctor.

They were telling some stories when suddenly, a doctor came out.

All of them looked at him.

"I'm sorry. We did all that we can."

END

A/N
It's the last chapter😢
Short chapter.
But hey, we still have an Epilogue.
-934 words-
🌟💬