07

This will be a JinJoo and 2kim chapter. Since I can't think of any YulYen content right now.

Minju

I'm now here at the park where Yujin and I will meet up. I admit that I'm really just jealous but, I don't know. Something's just bothering me. I don't know what to feel anymore.

There were not much people here since it's already dark. I'm waiting for Yujin but I saw a girl sitting by the tree near me. She has short hair and her body's really slim. Yujin has a long hair so I'm guessing that's not her.

I realized that I was staring too much when she turned her head towards me. She must've felt that I was looking at her.

She just turned her head back at where it was positioned a while ago. But I saw her stand up and leave the park.

Someone behind poked my left shoulder. When I turned around, I saw the same girl I was staring at a while ago. She sat on my side.

"Why were you looking at me?" She asked.

"I-I was not looking at you." I denied. What kind of excuse was that?

"So you're staring at some ghosts, yeah? There's no one at my place." She said. I rolled my eyes at her. "So rude of you to roll your eyes on a stranger. I might kill you if I'm some of those serial killers wondering at night."

"Psh. You believe on those kinds of stories?" I asked.

"Uh-huh." She nodded. "Believing that does not hurt."

"What are you even doing here? It's late. Aren't you gonna have dinner?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I don't eat dinner. I just eat some snacks." I said. "You're asking me why I'm here late at night. But you're also here."

"I always go out to walk. Day or night. Just don't wanna be home." She said.

"Why?"

"No one cares at the house. And even if they do, just to my brother." She said. "You?"

"Me?" I asked, pointing at myself.

"No, the one beside you." She said. I looked beside me but no one's there.

"Oh gosh. Stop scaring me." I said.

"Back to my question."

"I'm waiting for someone. But yeah, I guess I'm not waiting for anyone. She's probably enjoying her meal now." I said. Yujin might not come here.

"Well then you'll have to go home now." She said. I just nodded as the both of us stood up.

"My name's Minju, Kim Minju." I said as I reached out my hand for a handshake.

"We have the same surname." She said then held my hand. "Kim Chaewon."

"Nice meeting you. You should also go home." I said. She nodded then we separated our ways.

As I was about to leave the place, I suddenly heard my name being called.

"MINJU!" I turned my head and saw a running puppy. She stopped in front of me as she pants heavily. "I'm s-sorry. Wonyo's mom t-told me to drop her h-home."

Aish. Her best friend again.

"It's okay." I said. She stood up straight then looked at me.

"Why do you wanna talk?" Yujin asked. I just looked at her. "Hmm?"

"I'm gonna go straight to the point, Yujin." I said. She looked scared. She might've sensed what I'm gonna tell her. "Do you still love me?"

I tried my best to not release a single tear. She looked at me, shocked at what I just asked. Well, I think she did not expect that.

"M-min." That's the only thing she said.

"Why? Did you thought that I wouldn't notice all those looks you give your 'best friend'?" I said. "Tell me, Ahn Yujin. Do you like her?"

She didn't answer me this time but she looked down on her feet.

Yujin

"Knew it." I heard her voice crack. I looked up at her and tears were flowing down her cheeks.

I should've wiped her tears but I can't move. I can't do anything.

"Why aren't you speaking Ahn Yujin? You're guilty now?" She asked. She wiped her tears to glare at me.

"I'm sorry unnie. I, I don't like her, but, I-I'm confused. I don't know the feeling anymore." I said.

"You're not confused, Yujin. I saw how you look at her. That was the way you looked at me at first. I saw how you let her cling onto you when you don't really like people being affectionate to you. "

"But she's my best friend. I can't just leave her hanging, unnie. She helped me. A lot."

"THAT'S WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" I flinched as she yelled at me. "I don't understand why you always make reasons. 'She's my best friend', ' she helped me', 'I'm responsible to what she does'. You're responsible for me too! I'm your girlfriend!"

"Unnie, please, just try to understand." I begged her. Her hands were clenched in fists. "Wonyoung's weak, unnie. You know that. I have to stay by her side because her mom trusts me on her. Please unnie. I don't want to lose you."

Third person

Yujin knelt down in front of her and held her wrists.

"Then she should've been your girlfriend at the first place! I understand that she's sick. I understand that she's weak. But can't you understand me?! I'm also hurting. I'm also in pain!"

Minju tried to get out off of Yujin's grip and she succeeded.

"Stand up." Minju said. The latter obeyed her and stood up, head hung low.

"Let's just. Let's end things, Yujin." Minju's voice cracked once again. The younger looked at her and cried even more.

"No unnie. Please. I'm begging you. I won't let you be hurt again. Don't unnie. I can't." Yujin said and hugged Minju tight. Minju continued to cry. But she did not hugged Yujin back.

"I'm sorry, Yujin. But, I don't think we're fated to be with each other. We have to think. Please let go of me." The older said as she tried to push the younger. Yujin just tightened her hug on Minju.

"Unnie, please. I can't." Yujin was now wailing. Minju pushed her off of her again, and she succeeded this time.

"We have to, Yujin. I can't take all of these actions anymore. You can't force yourself to love me. I can't force myself either because I know that someone already replaced me. I'm sorry." Minju said, wiping off the tears on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry unnie. I'm s-sorry." Yujin said, crying silently now since she's having a hard time breathing.

"I am sorry too. We'll stay as friends, Yuj. Nothing will change, except for the fact that we're not together anymore." Minju said for the last time as she kissed Yujin's forehead and hugged her for the last time. She walked away and ran home, not looking back.

Yujin was left there as she fell on the ground. She bawled as she punched the ground a lot of times.

"This is all my fault." She said and cried even more. She stood up and walked to her house as she walked unstably.

🌟💬