00

Yena

I took a peek out of my window and saw an unfamiliar van, it was followed by a truck which seems to be loaded with a bunch of stuffs. The van stopped outside and as the door opened, I saw a man, maybe at his 40s, go out. He opened the passenger's door that revealed a woman around the same age as him. I rested my head on my right hand in solemn as there were no kids at my age. I've never had a playmate in this area before that's why  I could only play with someone from school. I, then, walked back to my bed and continued doing my homework.

As time passed by, I heard the truck start its engine. I headed back to my window and saw the truck leaving the area. Then another car arrived and stopped on front of them. The lady a while ago opened the door of the backseat and took out something–OH! someone! She carried out a small girl, which I think is sleeping, and walked back inside the house.

YAY! Finally, someone to play with!

"Yena!!! Dinner's ready!" I heard my mom shouted.

"Coming!" I yelled back and ran out of my room.

I saw my dad already sitting on his chair as mom poured milk in my favorite cup. I ran to the dining and sat on my chair beside my dad's and waited for my mom to sit before eating.

"I had a conversation with our new neighbor, he told me that his wife and his daughter baked some cookies before going here and will give some to their neighbors later, including us. " My dad said as we eat dinner. My eyes got wide as I get to taste cookies tonight. I'm wild for sweets. "And Yen, they have a daughter, but she's two years younger than you, so you'll have a new playmate."

I looked at him with excitement. A younger kid! That's why looked small for my age. That means she's just six years old. I'm gonna share my duck stuffed toys to her.  I'm excited to be playmates with her! 

We continued to eat and after that, I brushed my teeth and headed back to my room. I, once again, peeked outside my window and waited for someone to go outside.

I got bored but someone opened the door and revealed the lady a while ago. She has the girl, which was holding a teddy bear, on her right arm and a few bags on her left arm, which I assumed are the cookies dad said a while ago. I went to my bed to clean all the stuffs while I waited for our neighbors. Time passed and now my mom was calling me downstairs.

"Yena! We have visitors!" Mom yelled. I ran downstairs and saw the woman and the girl I saw a while ago. I quickly bowed.

"Hello! My name is Yena!" I cheerfully said. The woman chuckled.

"Hi Yena. You're so cute and polite! "The woman said.

Ha! I bet mom's proud of me because I'm not really like this. Hehe.

The woman patted her daughter's right arm. "Yul, you also have to greet. Don't be shy sweetie."

"H-hi. My name's Yuri." I internally screamed. Her voice is so cute!

"Actually, Yuri is kind of an introvert that's why she gets shy around people. Don't worry, Yena. You'll surely get along."

Our moms are having a conversation right now, so I'm here eating the cookies in secret. Then I noticed that Yuri was all snuggled in her mom's arms.

I ran up to them with cookies on my hand.

"Can I play with Yuri for a while?" I asked.

"Of course! We're just gonna talk here." The lady said and smiled. She put Yuri down as I held her hand and brought her to my room.

"Don't be shy to me, Yuri. I'm a good girl!" I said and pointed at myself with my right thumb.

"Your room is pretty. "She said. Guess I'll be making a friend tonight.

"Thanks! I wanna see your room too!!" I beamed. Wanting to keep up our conversations.

"Maybe next time? I'll be sleeping with my parents tonight because my room's still messy." She said. Woah. She sounds smart. I made a sad face and pouted my lips.

"Aww. Okay then. How old are you? Are you six now?" I asked. We sat on my bed and I let her hold one of my duck stuffed toys and I borrowed her teddy bear.

"I'm turning six on October. How about you?" She asked.

"I'm turning eight!" I yelled. Why am I being so loud right now? Well... "So you're in first grade?"

"Actually, I'm in second grade. I got accelerated and skipped a grade because they said that I can keep up with older kids." Woahhhhhh. So we're the same grade?!

"I'm also in second grade!" I yelled again.

"What? Aren't you like two years older?" Yuri asked. Woah. She's straightforward.

"Yes, but I started school a year late because I had cancer when I was a baby and had to rest for lots of months." I said.

"Oh, okay. I'm glad you're well now." Yuri said.

We continued talking and playing. I'm glad that she's feeling comfortable with me. But well, she had to go home. We ran downstairs and saw her mom already standing by the door.

Yuri bowed to my parents and ran to her mom. She held her hand and they walked outside. She turned around and waved at me as I waved back.

"Our Yena made a friend!" Mom shouted and poked my waist which made me giggle. Dad just laughed at us.

I said goodnight to them then headed back to my room, again. This is a great exercise,  Choi Yena. I went to my bed and wrote on my diary, then I laid down as I covered myself with my blanket.

I had a great day today.

A/N
This is my first story and it came from my empty mind. Please don't plagiarise
🌟💬