34

Author

Yena quickly grabbed her phone from the table and answered the call. She went outside so that her friends won't hear their converdation.

"Where's Yuri?!"

"Woah there, Ms. Choi. What—"

"Don't play with me, Goeun. You're the only person who can do this to Yuri. Why are you even doing this?"

"You know the deal, Yena. And here you are being a whole ass fool, doing what I don't want you to do." Yena stomped her feet. She just remembered about the deal.

"I'm not your servant, Goeun. I do what I want to do. Just tell me, what do tou want?"

"You, Yena. I want you." Goeun said firmly. "You're the only thing I want. Then I'll let Yuri go."

"Goeun..."

"Don't bring anyone or anything. Just you. I'll free Yuri. No one's gonna get hurt." Goeun said for the last time. "Remember, just you. Until sunrise." Then ended the call.

---

Yena punched the wall behind her a couple of times, resulting to numbness of her knuckles. She went inside and saw the girls trying to calm Wonyoung down, and Hyewon, cleaning Wonyoung's wound.

"Who was that, unnie?" Yujin asked as she engulfed her girlfriend with a hug.

"Goeun." Yena sighed. "I need you all to stay here."

"What about cops?" Sakura asked.

"No cops or else she'll hurt Yuri, probably."

"As if she can." Hyewon said. The girls looked at her. "Yuri is precious to Goeun. If you can notice she doesn't really hurt Yuri physically like any other crazy thing could do. She's special to her. Call the cops, no one will get hurt."

Yena thought for a moment before finally dialing the police. If this results to someone getting hurt, she has to be the one who will.

"You should call Chaeyeon, you can't go there without any backups." Sakura said.

"I already called the police, unnie. I don't want anyone to get hurt, don't tell Eunbi unnie. We don't want her to worry." Yena said. She gained nods from the other girls from the room.

She felt her phone vibrate, receiving a text from Goeun who sent her the address. She quickly sent it to the cops and went on her way. She only has a few hours until sunrise. She promised Yuri she'll protect her no matter what. She won't let her down.

"Be careful Yena!" She heard them yell. She just raised her hand and ran to the street, trying to find anything she can ride on.

She noticed a thing lying on the ground as she ran, it was her Yuri's friendship bracelets they had from one of their friendship anniversary. She held it tight, with determination of saving Yuri.

She noticed a light from the other direction of the road. Full of hopes, she ran to where it was and saw a cab dropping off the passenger it had a while ago.

She quickly waved to get the attention of the driver. He drove to her, she opened the door and told him the address, also not forgetting to tell him to be quick.

---

"We're here, ma'am." The driver said. Yena gave him all the cash she had, not even bothering to get her change, before rushing inside an old building.

"Goeun!" She yelled. She ran fast again and even slipped on one of the stairs.

She then heard a clap from behind. She turned around and saw Goeun smiling widely at her.

"Nice slapsticks you got there, Ms. Yena." She said.

"Where's Yuri?" Yena said, panting real hard from all the running she did earlier. The latter didn't answer. "I asked you where's Yuri?!"

Goeun smirked. Yena found it really creepy. "Will you promise me that you didn't called any cops?"

Yena gulped, remembering how she called the police a while ago. "I did not."

Goeun then pulled something from her back, a gun. Yena gulped again, eyeing the thing. "Bring her out!" Goeun yelled. A single door opened, revealing two big men holding a weak Yuri in their arms.

"Yul..." Yena felt relief when she saw Yuri still alive and breathing. Hyewon was right. But she noticed something, the cops are supposed to arrive now, why aren't they here?

Then, she heard some rustling. There she saw, the cops hiding at the walls of the building. She smiled internally.

"Now, Yena. I'll only let go of Yuri once you tell me one thing." Goeun said, crossing her arms, still holding her gun.

"Police!" They heard someone shouted. Goeun turned around and saw cops surrounding them. She cursed under her breath.

"Put your guns down and let go of the girl!" One of the cops yelled.

The men who were holding Yuri a while ago let go of her but pointed their gun at the police.

Yena rushed to grab Yuri by her wrist and pulled her to her for a tight embrace. Yuri sobbed and cried at Yena's arms. She was scared of course, but at least, Goeun didn't do anything to her.

They heard gunshots coming from one of
Goeun's men, soon after the cops fired shots killing almost all the men around the area.

Yena pulled Yuri down with her to avoid the gunshots.

Once the sound lessened, they uncovered their ears and stood up. Goeun has her hands up in the air with her gun on the ground. Two cops held her hands in place behind her back. Some arrested all the men.

Yena hugged Yuri again, assuring the trembling girl that everything was alright. "You're safe now."

Goeun was furious. Not accepting her defeat, she pulled back her hand from the grip of the police and pulled the gun she first saw.

Firing a shot right to the two girl's direction, she smirked from victory after seeing her shot going to Yuri's back.

But if Goeun was fast, Yena was faster.

Yena had her eyes opened and fortunately saw what Goeun was doing. Not letting Yuri to be shot, she pulled Yuri and changed their positions.

Confused, Yuri opened her eyes which was surely red from all her cries. Then she felt how Yena flinched.

Goeun's eyes opened wide when she saw Yena's back bleeding.

"Unnie?" Yuri asked. She felt how the older loosened her grip from Yuri's shirt, and how her knees felt weak. "Unnie!" Was what she said when Yena dropped to the ground. "Unnie..."

"You're safe now, Yuri-yah." Yena smiled. Yuri cried more.

Yuri saw men rushing to their direction, holding a stretcher. Probably from the hospital.

She saw them carry Yena's body to the ambulance. She cried harder as she followed them.

All that Yuri can hope was for Yena to be safe.

A/N
Last one chapter, and I'll probably do an epilogue. I'll finally get to focus on the other story.
And JoYuriz strikes again, Yena and Yuri looks so much alike with those hair colors.
AND HOLY— WE REACHED 10K!!🎉 Thanks for reading!!!
-1162 words-
🌟💬