01

Present Day

Yena

I stood out in front of Yuri's house and is waiting for her to come out. We became best friends since the day we first met. We always walked to school and go home together.

"What's taking her so long?" I asked myself. Just then, the door of their house opened revealing the always beautiful Yuri. I don't know, I just find her so pretty every time.

"Sorry for making you wait. I woke up 30 minutes later than the usual." Yuri explained.

"It's fine. C'mon." I said. We started walking to the school together. We're in high school. We doesn't have the same class, because you know, she's a lot more smarter than me.
"Unnie, why did you avoided me the last day. Omo, you're jealous aren't you?" Yuri teased me even more that made me blush. "You're blushing!"

"I'm not! It's hot in here. Hmp! He walked you home that day and you forgot that I was still at school. And I didn't liked that." I said trying to defend myself.

Yes of course, I am jealous. As a friend! That guy was one of our seniors. Yuri's a popular student and her cute features makes almost all the guys and even girls, fall for her.

"Sorry, unnie. I'm gonna treat you ice cream after school." I hopped in excitement.

"Yay!!! I'm gonna make sure to purchase all the ice creams later."

"Do what you want then I'll tell you to your mom." She said and smirked.

Why is she SMIRKING?!

We continued talking and didn't even noticed that we're in the school now. We have to separate our ways because we have different classes.

Once I entered my room, the whole class was a mess. The chairs were not on their places and the students were gathered up at the center.

I stood up at one of the chairs to see what was happening. Of course, the great trouble maker, Ahn Yujin.

The teacher came and walked Yujin and the guy to the office.

I looked at my seatmate and asked what happened.

"He made fun of Yujin. And that girl's short tempered, you know. So she punched him on his face and on his stomach." She said.

I'm friends with Yujin, also Yuri. She has a girlfriend from the other class. Kim Minju.

Our teacher once again entered the room to start discussing. I never listened. I just study in the house, or let Yuri tutor me. I always fall asleep every time we have discussions.

———

It's not time for dismissal but our literature teacher is still making us copy our homeworks.

"Yena's so lucky to have Yuri as her best friend. Look she's waiting for her again." I heard one of my classmates whisper.

"I know." Another one said.

I peeked through the window and saw the one and only Jo Yuri. She smiled and waved at me. Holy crap. Stop making me fall for you.

I closed my notebook and put my stuffs inside my bag. I still need to get my glasses from my locker. Once our teacher dismissed us, all of us rushed outside to go home. I looked at Yuri walking near me ignoring all her fans.

"Let's go home. I might kick some balls right now. They won't stop." She said and we laughed.

"I need to get m—"

"Glasses? I got it. I have a duplicate of your key. " Oh right. I forgot.

"Oh nice. C'mon let's go." I said and we started to walk out of the school.

We made way to the ice cream store because Yuri promised to treat me. I picked out chocolate and she picked strawberry.

After eating our ice creams, we started walking home while telling stories.

I made sure that she entered her house first before I entered mine.

"How's school, Yen?" Mom asked.

"As boring as always." I said as I kiss her cheeks. Dad's still not home from work.

"Tsk. You're really your dad's daughter." Mom said and chuckled. I headed to my room and started to do my homeworks. I'm sure that I'll be lazy to do this later so I"ll do it now.

Once I finished the hell out of it, I laid on my bed and scrolled through my socials.

Nothing new. Still some attention seekers seeking for attention.

My phone beeped as Yuri's chat head popped out. I opened it and read her message.

Jjoyul
Unnie, I have a practice tomorrow.
I don't think I can go home with you.

I was a bit sad but of course, I understand. She has to perform with the orchestra for graduation.

It's okay. Do well tomorrow!

Thanks unnie!!!

I walked downstairs to get some cookies. Yuri baked this for me for our 12th year as best friends. I gave her matching bracelet with mine.

I, once again, walked back to my room and played with my phone. I don't have anything to do right now. It's boring.

Should I call Yuri? No, she's probably studying.

Sleep? No too. I can't sleep at night if I sleep now.

AISH WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!

I want to go to Yuri's house right now. But I hear a piano playing next door and I'm sure she's practicing.

I opened my phone to message Yuri.

Yul, can I come over? I'm bored.

Jjoyul
Sure unnie. I'm tired of this piano.
I'm also bored.

I beamed in excitement and changed my clothes. I ran downstairs and told mom that I'm just gonna go to Yuri's.

I knocked on their door and Yuri's mom opened it.

"Oh Yena. Yuri's upstairs. Come in." She said. I thanked her and bowed then walked upstairs and entered Yuri's room. She didn't noticed me. She's in front of her piano with her chin resting on her hand.

I tiptoed near her and poked her side.

"YAH!" She shouted. I covered my ears. Such a high note. "Unnie how dare you? After I treat you ice cream?!"

I laughed at her reaction.

We started talking about random things. We even watched a movie like always.

Why am I so happy when I'm with her?

I had to go home since it's nighttime now. We walked downstairs as I bid her a goodbye and headed home.

🌟💬