17

Yuri

Today marks the day of the performances. My heart's beating so fast that I can't even think of anything but the performance, especially my solo.

I'm now inside Dad's car, going to school. I'm supposed to be early today since we're gonna have a last minute practice.

"It's a bit disappointing that we can't watch your performance, Yul." I heard my Dad said as he sighed.

"No, Dad. I'm glad you can't watch because it will make me more nervous if you're there with Mom." I said as he chuckled.

"You have to make someone take a video of you, okay?" Dad said. I just hummed in response.

What if the performance doesn't go well later? I'm so nervous!!!

I instantly froze when the car stopped in front of the school.

"You're nervous?" Dad asked. He must've noticed me flinched. I just nodded as I made a crying face. "Psh. I'm sure you'll do well. You've been practicing a lot for this. Trust yourself this time." I nodded again and hugged him.

I went out of the car with trembling heart.

Yuri, you're Jo Yuri. I told myself. I went inside and saw some school staffs setting the stage- wait what?!

"Hey, Yuri!" I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Chaeyeon unnie and Eunbi unnie.

"Why are they setting the stage, unnie? I thought we're going to perform in the old gym?" I asked.

"That's what I thought, too. I became more nervous because of that." Eunbi unnie said.

I noticed someone walking inside the school, Chaewon unnie, with the same expression as me when I saw the staffs.

"What the heck is happening?" She asked. Eunbi unnie told her the same thing she told me earlier. "Holy, so all the students are literally gonna see us."

"And I've got some more bad news." Chaeyeon unnie said. "The principal will call all the performer's families."

"WHAT?!" The three of us yelled. "Shit! I just told Dad that, that will make me more nervous." I sighed.

"All the performers who've arrived should proceed to the studio." Someone from the speakers said. All of us then headed to the studio. My hands are shaking.

When we arrived, Wonyoung was already there, looking somewhere. I followed her gaze and it was just the wall she was facing.

"Wonyo." I said and snapped my fingers in front of her. She flinched a little and then looked at me. "You okay?"

"I'm afraid about the performances, unnie. Especially our parents will be there." Wonyoung said.

"Oh gosh, same feeling." I told her.

The vocal teacher already called Chaewon unnie and I. Both of us went to the small room where we practice often.

She explained the stage plans to us.

"Chaewon, this might be a little of a pressure to you but you'll be the one starting the performance. Followed by Eunbi's solo, five performances from the boy performers, Eunbi and Chaeyeon's duo, Rollin' Rollin' and more, and then the both of you. Then after that, Chaeyeon's and Yuri's most awaited performances. That means, Chaewon will start all of it and then Yuri will wrap it up. Understand?" Both of us nodded. My heart that was beating so fast a while ago, beats faster, I think I'll pass out before all of these. "I know you'll do well. Let's start our practice."

---

I'm sitting beside Chaewon unnie at the backstage. We're currently practicing our solo songs because that's what we're nervous about.