02

Yena

I'm now walking home from school alone. Yuri has a practice today after school that's why she can't walk home with me.

I should stroll the park. It's been a while since I came there and it's still early in the afternoon. Our classes were shortened for preparation for the teachers' meeting tomorrow.

The park doesn't seem to be full today, huh? Whenever we come here it's always noisy.

I decided to buy a cotton candy for myself since I am hungry for sweets. After buying, I sat on the nearest bench and looked at some of the kids playing. So that's how Yuri and I looked like when we're their age. No problems.

"You're not breaking up with me, you asshole. You wanted this right?"

I looked around to find that voice. Who the hell was that? Am I hallucinating?

"You're cheating on me! I'm gonna report you!"

This time, a girl with small voice shouted. Am I the only one who's hearing all these?

I threw the stick of the cotton candy once I'm done. The shouting continued and I was alarmed. Where are they?

I looked around the park but no other adults are there except for the parents.

Maybe not here? I thought.

I walked to the dead end wall of the park. There were trees surrounding it. It is also the wall where you write your secrets.

I found two people on the area. I hid behind a tree and watched them fighting. The girl has short hair and her wrist has cuts. The guy pushed her and that's where I entered the scene.

"Hey! Don't hurt a girl!" I yelled. The guy glared at me.

"Who are you to stop me?!" He yelled back at me. I helped the girl stand up and she was crying.

"Just go... "The girl said.

"No! Why would you let this guy hurt you?!" I shouted. Her wrist was pulled by the guy which made me stumble a bit.

"No one stops me from what I am do–" I cut him off with a punch. He punched me back but in the stomach. That hurts, but at least I'm fine.

"Stop!"

I heard the girl said but this guy started punching me on the face. I kicked his balls which made him stop.

"SHIT!"

I held the girl's hand and started running away from him.

"I'm not yet done with the both of you!"

We stopped running and I noticed that we're not near the park anymore. It's safe here.

"Who was that?" I asked. The girl beside me is now trembling in fear. "Hey."

"I'm sorry for getting you in a fight. Thank you for saving me." She said.

I smiled at her."It's fine. Why is he even hurting you?"

"He's my boyfriend. But I saw him kissing another girl inside his car. I wanted to break up with him and this shit happened." She said.

"Oh. I'm like a superhero then." I said and we both chuckled.

"Why do you have cuts on your wrist?" I asked her.

"Ah, this. I'm depressed. I just moved here and will continue studying in another school. Actually I think we're gonna be in the same school since you're wearing the uniform of the school mom wants me to study in." She said.

"Oh that's great! I'm gonna introduce you to my best friend once you start school!" I beamed in excitement. "Well, you look like her and I think you'll get along with her."

"Oh. Then the both of you will be my first friends?" She asked.

"You don't have any friends?" I asked.

"Yep. I'm not that sociable." She said.

"Hmm... If that's the case then I have 9 more friends to introduce to you!" I yelled.

"You have a lot huh?" She said and we laughed again. "By the way, my name's Chaewon, Kim Chaewon."

"Oh, I'm Choi Yena." I said and we shook each other's hands. "I'm sorry but I have to go home now. I still have homeworks to do."
"Oh, of course. Nice meeting you!"

We both bid our goodbyes and started walking on separate ways.

I was near my house when I spotted a certain girl walking. I wore my face mask to cover my bruises. I smiled and called her.

"Jo Yuri!"

I saw her run to me and we gave each other a high five.

"You're early." I said. We continued walking.

"We decided to perform, not practice. We did a straight performance two times then wrapped things up. That's why." She said. "Why are you still not home? And why are you wearing a mask?"

"Nothing. You'll know some other time." I said and she pouted. I pinched her cheeks that made her glare at me.

We reached her house and  I bid goodbye to her. I entered my house after she metered hers.

"Hey, why are you wearing a mask?" Mom asked.

"I got into a fight." I honestly said.

"Oh gosh, Choi Yena. What did you do again?"

"It's not inside the school, ma. I saved a stranger, aren't you proud of me?" I said and she held my right ear tightly. "Aw!"

"Go to your room! You'll tell everything to me later!"

I ran upstairs and locked my room. Shit, I'm gonna be grounded.

If I get into fights, Yuri will cover me up so I won't be grounded. But! Now she'll be mad at me. What am I gonna dooooo?????

But at least I saved a stranger right?

Aish Choi Yena what did you got into?

🌟💬