9.16.4

In Obi-Wan's absence, Anakin attempted to stand up and move on his own. It was quite a painful experience, but he knew that just because the clones were done attacking the Temple did not mean the fight was over. There was more to do, he was sure of it. 

After getting to the holotable and using it to keep himself on his feet, Anakin reached out with his Force connection, looking for Ahsoka. She seemed alright, and a good deal calmer than she had during the Jedi's deaths. Her cruiser had probably already dropped off Maul at the detention center by now, and Ahsoka was back in the Lower Levels. At least she hadn't gotten killed trying to help anyone in the Temple. 

Maybe she would be a good place to hide. Anakin knew that they needed to find Jedi survivors before the Republic did, but if they needed a place to lay low for a few hours, Ahsoka was probably their best bet. He didn't feel good about crashing her house, again, but this time he was much more desperate than the last. If Ahsoka had felt what had happened as he had, then she would at least be compassionate enough to support them, if not aid them in their search. Anakin wouldn't have been surprised if she had already found the Younglings he had sent with O-Mer to hide.

Speaking of, Anakin never found Jinx. It wasn't as if he had been given an opportunity to, but he still felt bad for not finding him. If Obi-Wan and Yoda hadn't already found him though, maybe it was already too late. If there were no other survivors in the Temple, Jinx was either in hiding or dead. 

Activating the holotable, Anakin started looking through the reports that had come to the Republic from the clones in the past several hours. He was dreading it, but it had to be done. They had to know what had happened to the rest of the Jedi Order, the part that hadn't been slaughtered on Coruscant. 

His stomach dropped as the reports started assigning names to the empty holes that had been ripped into Anakin the night before. Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tin, Depa Billaba, Stass Allie, and all other Jedi Masters, except for Yoda and Obi-Wan, had been killed by their troopers almost immediately. The one exception was Mace Windu, but he was still reported as dead, although the report suggested that he had been dead when the clones found him rather than by their hand directly. 

That was just the Masters. Countless Knights and Padawans had been executed as well, and Anakin had seen the fallen Younglings that were strewn across the Temple. A few escapees were reported to be alive, as well as a few unknowns that had never been confirmed alive or dead. Among these were the Padawans Caleb Dume, O-Mer Daru, and Jinx Majal. The Younglings were not yet in the Republic database, so they were unknown for now, but Anakin knew that was subject to change. 

He was still looking through the reports when the doors behind him opened again, and Obi-Wan walked in. His face was blank, and if it weren't for the red blotches around his eyes, Anakin wouldn't have known he had been crying. Anakin knew better than to say anything, and let his master spark conversation.

"Anything?"

Shaking his head, Anakin answered him. "Not enough. The Republic knows a few survivors exist, but they're scattered everywhere and most of them are doing a good job of hiding their movements. This information might be able to give us a start, but I doubt the survivors will stay in one place for long. Wherever they were last reported, they probably won't be when we get there."

Obi-Wan pounded the holotable with a clenched fist, but Anakin didn't comment on it. He didn't know what Yoda had said to his master before he left, and he wasn't about to ask. Not to mention, all emotions were probably very valid right now. 

"He's gone," Obi-Wan muttered, not looking at Anakin. "He won't even try to look for them. I don't-" he swallowed, forcing the words out. "I don't think he's coming back."