9.7.2

Ahsoka couldn't stay for much longer, but Lux offered to escort her to find Senator Amidala. From the way he was acting, Ahsoka had a feeling he didn't know that she had decoys, but made no mention of it. Most people didn't, even among Jedi and politicians. The only reason Ahsoka knew was because of her experience with her and Anakin. If anyone spent enough time with them to pick up on a romantic relationship, they probably would have also noticed that Padmé Amidala wasn't always Padmé Amidala.

As they were walking to her office, Ahsoka recounted a few of the stories from her work. They were mostly mundane things, she chose to leave out the more radical events, but Lux had no problem with listening. They were small and simple, but much more lighthearted than the tales he heard as a senator. At least in her stories, no one was dying or focused solely on a contract. Besides, Ahsoka never had stories as a Jedi, since the most interesting things that ever happened were battles. Now he could actually get a glimpse into her life, into her personality.

He had to go, apparently, Jai was having trouble with something back at home. Ahsoka asked him to say hello to Jai from her, before knocking on Senator Amidala's door. The voice inside invited her in, and the door slid open.

To her credit, the decoy at Padme's desk certainly looked like the real deal. Ahsoka walked up to her and greeted her formally. "I hope I haven't kept you waiting, Senator Amidala. I'm afraid I got caught up in a conversation with Senator Bonteri."

The 'senator' smiled, powering off her HoloNet portal on the desk and standing up. "It's quite all right, I was just finishing up a report," she assured her. "Shall we leave?"

Ahsoka nodded and followed the decoy out of the office towards the launch pad. She almost missed it, but she picked up on a mischievous twinkle in her eye. Clearly, the decoy had been briefed on Ahsoka's visit.

The two made small talk on the way to the ship, just simple things like Ahsoka's trip to the Senate Building and their days at work. They boarded the Nabooian ship without issue, and before she knew it, Ahsoka was headed off-world. 

The decoy sat with Ahsoka during takeoff, but as soon as the ship entered hyperspace, she excused herself and retreated to the senator's quarters. Ahsoka desperately wanted to approach her later and ask who she really was, to find out her story, but she knew it was inappropriate. Padmé's handmaidens were sworn to secrecy and loyalty, and wouldn't divulge their information to anyone, certainly not Ahsoka. A few minutes later, another handmaiden came out, a different one this time. It was only several minutes later, when Ahsoka had wandered towards the cockpit of the ship and was looking the other way, that both handmaidens revealed themselves. 

Padmé's ship was certainly nicer than the ships Ahsoka had been on recently. Not surprising, as she was a politician and a well-respected one. She felt a little out of place since she was still in her grimy work clothes. Maybe she should have changed before coming.

When the ship jumped out of hyperspace, though, she nearly leaped up and looked out the window. It had been so long since she had been to Naboo, and the last time had been as the Inquisitor. The ship diverted away from the city center, to where Padmé must live when she didn't work. It was no surprise that Ahsoka had never met Padmé's family, but at the same time it caught her off guard. 

Ahsoka had to stop herself from running down the ramp to go find Padmé. Her handmaidens walked off, probably to retire and rest, but a woman slightly older than Padmé was waiting near the main doors. Judging from her resemblance to the senator, Ahsoka guessed that this was Padmé's sister. 

"I take it you are Ahsoka Tano?" The woman asked, smiling at the Togruta.

She nodded as she approached her. "I am. I hope I haven't kept anyone waiting too long."