9.2.4

There were few rooms in the Jedi Temple that used technology. The library was one of them, the others were communication centers and the command center. Ahsoka led the three Padawans to one of the communication centers.

"Sit in a circle on the floor," she instructed them. "Leave room for me, if you don't mind."

They obliged while she grabbed a holographic map of the known galaxy from a shelf and set it in the middle of their formation. She had a similar projector, but this one had more than just planets. It had the capability to locate a building on the other side of the galaxy, and Ahsoka's projector was just for fun anyhow.

She turned it on, kneeling in the last spot in the circle. Speaking lowly, she began. "The Force flows through every living thing, but not through machinery, or electronics. It takes more concentration to manipulate them, and the more complex the coding, the more difficult it is. It will require all of your concentration."

Caleb, O-Mer, and Jinx nodded, clearing their minds. Internally, Caleb tried not to smile. Ahsoka was using the same, calming voice she had used when teaching him about the Force, even though it had been so long ago. This felt like another lesson.

"When we begin searching, all of our consciousnesses must work together. Focus on the list, and search through the galaxy for the Jedi that are missing."

"Should we focus on our masters' signature?" O-Mer asked, mimicking her relaxed tone.

Ahsoka shook her head. "Don't try to see what you want to see. Let the Force be your guide, stay in the moment. Be in this place, at this time."

She knew it was counter-intuitive, but the truth of the matter was that they were not searching, necessarily, for the Jedi, but recognizing them where they were. This was where their strong signatures would be helpful and a small advantage.

Closing her eyes, she reached a hand out to the projection and focused. When she felt the other three do the same, they began looking through all of the buildings on Coruscant. When they did not recognize what they were looking for, they moved on to the next closest system in the Inner Core. Then the Outer Core, then the Colonies. As they searched, they became quicker. It was slow work, as there were innumerable buildings just in the Inner Core itself, but the four of them working together made progress, and began to search through the galaxy. They saw each individual building flash by, none of them holding the people they were searching for.

Until they could see them all, clear as day in their minds, right where they were at that time. Ahsoka withdrew her hand, and the others did the same. They looked to see where it was they had found the Jedi, but Ahsoka drew her breath when she recognized it.

They were in a building on Lokori.

No, not Lokori. Anywhere but Lokori.

"We did it," Jinx murmured. "We really found them."

"I apologize for interrupting," Aayla Secura apologized, from behind Ahsoka. She turned to face her as the Twi'lek continued. "I came in while you were still searching. I hope I didn't stop you."

O-Mer stood up, smiling. "It's all right, Master, they're on Lokori. We can go find them, and we can bring them home!"

Ahsoka looked back at the projector. "It won't be that simple, O-Mer."

"What do you mean?" He asked, and Ahsoka picked up the projector and set it back on the counter. O-Mer studied the building, trying to see what had the Togruta so worried. "It's just an abandoned warehouse, and we can fight off any traps that might be set."

"This is not just a building," she corrected. "This scan of Lokori is outdated by almost ten years. That warehouse has been replaced since then. The Jedi Masters are being held in one of the Separatists' most cruel slave houses."