9.12.4

Sola and Ahsoka were snacking on chocolate when the couple walked in. Padmé had kept a stash in the kitchen for the past few months, and Sola had invited Ahsoka to take from it. It wasn't necessarily good for Padmé anyway.

When she walked in, Padme's face lit up and she tried to hurry over to Ahsoka. Difficult to do for her, but Ahsoka understood all the same. "I was hoping you could make it," she told her, and Ahsoka grinned from ear to ear.

"I wouldn't miss it," she promised her, and she tried to hug her, but it was difficult with her pregnant stomach. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I'm about to give birth to twins," she stated flatly, resting her hands on her stomach. "It's not very comfortable, I can tell you that much."

"I'm assuming this means you told Anakin about the 'twins' part?" Sola asked, popping another chocolate in her mouth while her sister's back was turned. 

Anakin nodded, taking a seat at the counter. "About an hour ago, on the way here."

That reminded Ahsoka that she had done so, and she turned to Padmé. She still felt bad for not letting her share the news. "I would have waited for you to tell him, but it hadn't already happened, and we were almost here-"

"It's all right!" she assured her, laughing a little bit. "I'm glad you did, better sooner than later anyway." They shared a look, both knowing that Anakin would be significantly more stressed right now if she hadn't.

"You know what else is going to be better sooner rather than later?" Sola piped up, walking around the counter to her sister. "Sleep. If you don't go to bed now, you won't get a chance to later."

Peering out the windows, Anakin concurred. "It is getting late, Padmé. If it's already the end of the day..."

"What about you?" she asked, to both him and Ahsoka. "You can't just tell me to rest and not do the same."

Shaking her head, Ahsoka answered for them. "It's still the middle of the afternoon on Coruscant. I probably won't go to sleep for at least a few more hours, although I can't speak for Anakin."

He was on the same page, though. Standing up, he grabbed a glass from a cabinet and started filling it with ice water. "Let's get you resting, and see if you can't sleep through the contractions for a few more hours."

Having a feeling Padmé would want it, Sola grabbed a hot water pouch from a cabinet. Padmé wasn't going to be very comfortable tonight, but they could help her a little bit. On her way past, she told Ahsoka, "The guest room is already prepared for you, if you want to get settled for the next day or so. Other than that, feel free to make yourself at home."

"Thanks, Sola," she replied, watching Anakin and Padmé attempt to go up the stairs, slowly. "Good luck with those two."

"Oh, I'm going to send Anakin down to you before long," Sola assured her. "Once I go to bed, it's going to be his job to track the contractions. I'll let him take a break for as long as he can, because after that I'm going to make him take over Padmé duty."

Ahsoka giggled as she walked away, following Anakin and Padmé. She let herself into the guest room and set down her bag, flopping on the bed for just a minute. Even after seven months of living on her own, she still wasn't used to just how comfy beds could be on a regular basis. 

She took off the clothes she had gone to work in and changed into a fresh skirt and top. She had leggings on underneath, but she took off her boots, sleeves, and gauntlets and stuffed them in her bag. Ahsoka didn't expect to get attacked while on Naboo, so there was no risk in taking off the little armor she wore normally.