9.9.1

Ever since Ahsoka became more open with her Force abilities, the other mechanics at her shop became more reliant on her to do the heavy lifting. She felt so silly about using it for something so mundane, but she was happy to help her friends. Besides, it entertained them, and most of the time it took less than a minute.

She finished hauling a washing machine out into the garage and walked back to her bench to grab her stuff. The usual workday had finished over an hour ago, but she, Wheeler, and Thylla had stayed late to finish a few things due for pickup tomorrow. Thylla's boyfriend, Journey, had been sick, and the three of them had chipped in to make up for his absence. There had been a lot of drop-offs over the weekend, so everyone's schedule was a little crammed already. Ahsoka was the only one who didn't seem bothered by it since she had nothing else to do for the rest of the day.

Ahsoka's eyes swept over her workbench one more time, making sure she hadn't missed anything. She clocked out on the computer but stared at it for a long time afterward. She had been distracted all day, but there had been nothing out of ordinary as far as she knew. There was just....augh, it was probably nothing. What she really needed was to spend some time meditating. That would help clea-

"Hey, Tano."

She jumped a full foot in the air before realizing it was just Wheeler. "What did I say about sneaking up on me?" she reprimanded her, walking towards the exit.

Wheeler shrugged, while Thylla was stifling her laughter. "I thought that went away after you figured out your whole 'Force' issue. Is everything okay?"

"I guess I'm just out of it today," Ahsoka said dismissively, although it was a lie. "Are you guys headed out?"

"Yeah, we just figured we'd offer to walk out with you," Thylla explained, and Ahsoka joined them on their way to the staff room.

"Thanks," she told them. "I just have to grab my stuff."

They did too, so they all stopped by their lockers to grab their bags. Ahsoka strapped her blaster to her hip and opened her bag to check that her lightsabers were still there. They were, of course, but with how jumpy she was being today she didn't want to take chances.

Walking out the back door, Thylla stared at her. "You sure there's nothing wrong? I mean, you tend to have pretty good instincts."

Ahsoka sighed, deciding to explain just a little. "I don't even know what I'm having instincts about. It's like....like someone is telling me not to go south, but I don't know which way is south."

"That sounds unhelpful," Wheeler commented, and Ahsoka nodded in agreement.

"Exactly. There's nothing I can do to fix it and nothing I can do to make the feeling go away." She shrugged, adjusting her backpack. "It's fine, really. If something happens, I can deal with it."

The other two girls exchanged glances, fairly certain that the ex-Jedi was hiding something, but they relented, and Thylla changed the subject to take her mind off of it. "How's your friend's pregnancy coming along? Have you heard from her recently?"

That made Ahsoka smile. "I have, actually. The twins are healthy, as far as the tests have been reading, which is good news. The mother's getting really tired when she stands for too long, though."

"Well, if she's carrying two children around, all day, then I wouldn't expect anything different," Wheeler laughed. "No foreseeable complications on her end?"

"Nope, it should be a healthy delivery, all things considered," Ahsoka reported. "I sent your gifts to her last week, and I just got a call saying thank you. She absolutely loved it."