9.2.3

Ahsoka had never seen anything quite like what she was seeing now. The oldest and the youngest members of the Jedi Order were absent, but everyone else had congregated to hear what had been decided. While she stood in the back of the room, she watched everyone settle down to hear the news.

While the Padawans had cared for the Younglings, all of the Knights had elected a new, temporary council to take over leadership of the Order. Aayla Secura seemed to be the head of the council, but other members included, but were not limited to, Quinlan Vos, Jocasta Nu, and Stass Allie. The only member of the original Council that had not been taken, Master Eeth Koth, was stationed in the Outer Rim, or he would have led the new council.

Aayla stood up, and the room quieted down to listen to her. They wanted answers, they wanted to know that there was a plan to get the others back.

"We've received an update from the Detention Center," she began, speaking loud enough so the whole room could hear her. "The twelve Changelings have been put into custody, and the interrogators have made some headway. They were hired by Separatists, but do not claim loyalty to them. Unfortunately, they have not revealed any coordinates or whereabouts to their employers, and claim that they were never told any useful intel."

Quinlan propped his hands under his chin. "Which means we have no angle to go at about retrieving the High Council, for the time being."

No one spoke, but Ahsoka glanced at Caleb, O-Mer, and Jinx, all of whom were sitting together in the middle of the room. They had all turned to each other, no doubt worrying for their masters.

Madame Jocasta continued the announcement. "All resources are currently being put to use trying to locate the missing Jedi. Until we find something, however, all missions are delayed. Lessons and training shall continue as normal, but no Jedi is to leave the Temple without the permission of the emergency council."

Ahsoka could almost hear Anakin protesting in the back of her head. Waiting around for answers won't help save anyone! he would have argued. We have a better chance of finding them by going out and looking. Ahsoka had to agree. If the Changelings didn't know where to find them, then no one would be able to tell the Order that might want to.

Anakin...maybe she did have an angle to go off of. She decided to wait until the Council was alone.

Aayla had continued to give instructions. "For the time being, we are also implementing a rule of pairs. No one should be in the Temple alone, except for in their private quarters. Assignments for guarding the quarters will begin tomorrow morning. For now, everyone is to rest for the evening. May the Force be with us."

The Padawans and Knights made to leave, but the Ahsoka walked through the crowd and up towards the front of the room. Caleb, O-Mer, and Jinx followed her.

"Ahsoka, please tell me you have a plan," Jinx pleaded. "We can't just sit around-"

"I know," she assured him. "Come with me."

The current of people finally thinned, and only the emergency council was left sitting at the front of the room. It wasn't as big as the original council, only eight people instead of twelve. Ahsoka felt guilty for not remembering them all but now was not the time.

Madame Jocasta noticed her first. "It has been a long time, Ahsoka Tano. Welcome back to the Jedi Temple."

"And thank you for alerting the clone troopers, I might add," Quinlan added. "Who knows what kind of damage the Changelings might have caused if you hadn't shown up."

"I'm happy to help," Ahsoka told them, "but I believe that there may be a way to find the missing Jedi if you will let me explain."

A Jedi, who worked as a medical expert in the Temple, seemed suspicious. "You know how to find them?"