Naberrie Family Part 1

Introduction: Despite all of the doom and gloom that I put you through, one positive thing that came out of all of this is that Padmé, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Sola (Padmé's sister) are all at home with the Luke and Leia. I couldn't just not do anything about that, so I've come up with a long list of things that definitely happened in the Naberrie household. These are headcanons, except I have made them canon in my AU.

However, this will be the only work I do on this list. I will not be expanding on any ideas here. That being said, I would love it if someone took these ideas and ran with them. If this sounds like fun, please do three things: 1. Give some source credit. I really like these ideas and I'm proud of them. 2. Tag me, because I want to see what you come up with. 3. Let me know which parts you're using, so I can tag you in these chapters and people can see what you've done.

That being said, some of the details here are spoilers for future books, although it's not hard to see them coming. If you notice something in here that is a spoiler for the new Rebels series, please don't spoil it for other readers once I start publishing the new book. Enjoy :)

Newborns:

-Despite past trends, it's Anakin who seems to get through the Jedi Purge more quickly and Obi-Wan who takes a long time to recover. Internally, Anakin has made a rule for himself: If someone asks how he's doing, don't tell them "fine." If the loss really hasn't been bothering him that day, then that's okay to say, but if he has thought about it, he says what he's thought about. After a few attempts at this method, he learns that Padmé is a really good filter for his thoughts. She won't let him blame himself entirely for what happened to the Jedi Order, but she doesn't invalidate his emotions either, which vary regularly. He's felt angry, guilty, afraid, restless, defeated, and just about everything in between, but Anakin lets it happen, and he works through it as the days go by.

-Sola is actually a great listener, and Anakin finds that she's really good when he needs an unbiased opinion on something. Having never been to Coruscant or seen the Jedi, she can take in what Anakin says out of context and react in a manner that isn't influenced by politics or traditions. She also isn't that emotionally tied to anything that the Jedi lost, so her take on what happened is more of an objective view, which helps Anakin ground himself to the big picture.

-Obi-Wan, on the other hand, takes months to let himself try to recover. He doesn't talk for weeks, except for small, light conversations that usually have to do with the twins, or chores around the house, or anything else that has no emotional weight. The Jedi Way has been burned into him too deeply, and he keeps shoving his emotions down. All three of the others know he's suffering, though. Other than just his body language, he spends hours alone, in his room, outside, in the library, on the HoloNet, looking for news about Coruscant or any Jedi survivors. Anakin especially can tell when it's worse, because of the Force.

-As far as the Force is concerned, though, Obi-Wan stands in defiance for a long time. He doesn't meditate anymore, and for once in their lives, Anakin is meditating more than him. If he has visions, either in dreams or just throughout his day, Obi-Wan completely ignores them. Doesn't write them down, doesn't commit them to memory. They're just dreams, he tells himself. They don't mean anything. Anakin invites him to spar every so often in the basement with him, but he never does. His lightsaber is hidden in one of his drawers, underneath a stack of clothes. He doesn't plan to touch it again, and no one has seen it since his first day on Naboo.

-While Padmé is glad that Anakin is slowly working through his loss, she is constantly worried about Obi-Wan, because it's reminding her a little too much of when Anakin lost his mother. She's brought it up with him, multiple times, and although he's as worried as she is, Anakin can't forget Ahsoka's advice. Anakin doesn't ask him about it unless it's just that bad of a day, but what he'll do is: if Obi-Wan is sitting alone somewhere, he'll ask to join him, sit with him, and not speak. Doesn't pester him, doesn't bring it up, just sits there and reads, or maybe fiddle with something from his pocket. He likes to keep small trinkets with him that he can take apart and put back together.