9.7.1

Leslie and Rya were in the staff room when Ahsoka knocked off for the day. They were looking a little worn, as they normally did, and as anyone would after seven hours with only a substantial lunch break. Not to mention, they had to deal with a plethora of people with questions about every subject having to do with mechanics and a few that had nothing to do with mechanics. Ahsoka admired them for it, she only had to work with the seve-no, six people in the back, and machines that had exactly zero questions. She forgot that Granger had left; there were only six others now.

Tyme and Jackson were both out sick, so the girls were groaning about having to cover the whole shift that day. They had just finished and were half asleep on the table when Ahsoka walked in. They barely acknowledged Ahsoka when she said hi to them.

She just smiled and pulled her stuff out from her locker. It was the weekend, and Ahsoka had packed a bit more to bring to work than she normally did. She was heading out again, which made it the second weekend in a row that she was going to be spending off-world. She loved it.

Rya noticed her bag looked bulkier than it normally did. "Leaving again?"

"Yep," she said, sliding the straps onto her shoulders and shutting her locker door. "A friend of mine invited me out for the weekend."

"You still won't tell us about your last 'adventure,'" Leslie complained, propping her chin on her hand. "You know, the one where you knocked out a Jedi who became a Changeling and then disappeared in a Jedi speeder."

Ahsoka laughed at the memory of commandeering the Republic's property. Only she could get away with stuff like that, she knew. Anyone else would have been arrested. "Sorry, but I'm sworn to secrecy. The Republic censors war details from civilians and they don't want word getting out about how a teenage ex-convict did their job better than them."

The two of them laughed, although they were so tired it sounded forced. She didn't mention it, but she did suggest, "You should rest while I'm gone, though. Seeing as trouble tends to follow me, you shouldn't have any life-threatening dangers in the area."

"Thank God," Leslie groaned, before face-planting on the table. "Have fun, Tano."

"Thanks," she replied, before heading out the back door and jumping onto a rising export ship in the shaft.

As the ship ascended to the surface, Ahsoka sat down and thought to herself. Recently, she had finally inquired into who in blazes 'God' was. She had heard people talk about him all the time, but she had never heard such a name as a Jedi, and certainly had never met him.

It turns out, there was no way for her to meet 'God' because she had no 'God'. He wasn't actually a person, but a superior deity that people worshiped. Supposedly, he had unlimited power, and he created and controlled everything that happened in the universe. There were building called churches dedicated entirely to the worship of God.*

Ahsoka, as an ex-Jedi, ex-Inquisitor, and Force User, found it extremely, extremely difficult to not dismiss it as stupid and incorrect. Despite being a freelancer, she knew a lot about the Force and there was no God that controlled it all. The closest there was to gods in the Force were the Father, Son, and the Daughter, but they were not all-powerful, and as far as Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi-Wan were concerned, they were dead. Well, maybe the Father wasn't dead, but he had been at one point.

Still, she had forced herself to have an open mind about it. She had gone to a church service with Thyla and Journey, sat in, and asked the leader about the specifics and details to the belief system. Listening intently, she considered everything he said and thanked him for his time, and compared it to what she knew to be true for herself. Ultimately, it hadn't made a difference, she still thought it was absurd and ridiculous, but she didn't think any less of the people she met there, Thyla and Journey included. If anything, she respected them for it. After all, she had been a part of her own religion, which was devoted and intense enough to be considered a cult. She had no right to judge just because she disagreed.