9.12.5

Author's Note: Obviously, I loved the ending of the Clone Wars, despite how sad it was. You just can't top an ending like that. I enjoy what I write, but I know I can't compete with canon. Honestly, I never expected to when I started. When I began Season 7, the real seventh season of the Clone Wars hadn't been announced yet.

One of my biggest takeaways from the last episode was when Rex and Ahsoka were talking. I know Rex stopped speaking after he said "...and take you and me along with them!", but I feel like there was another sentence that he wanted to say/was thinking some variant of: "They're going to kill me too once they realize what's happened, and you're all I have left." Despite that not being said, I think Ahsoka knew. It was two of them against the world, as far as they knew. Such an iconic duo, though. Also, Ahsoka trusting Rex with her lightsabers (this weapon is your life)???

Anyways, to heal your emotional trauma from the finale, have a couple of memes and some baby Luke and Leia content :)

The next day had been an entirely unproductive one, by usual means

The next day had been an entirely unproductive one, by usual means. Ahsoka spent most of the day relaxing and chatting with the others between Padme's contractions, which were happening more frequently now. For once, she wasn't working or running errands or something. It was nice but very different from the life she usually led in the Lower Levels. 

Anakin was practically inseparable from his wife for the entire morning. Padme didn't mind in the slightest because it was getting difficult to walk, or sometimes even stand for too long. Sola kept insisting that she should keep moving as much as possible for as long as possible, but this was less and less enticing as the labor progressed. Finally, only when the contractions started lasting for minutes and the breaks were shorter than ever, did Sola finally alert the others that it was time to move towards the medical wing. 

Unfortunately for Ahsoka, she wasn't allowed in the room. Anakin could go and Sola was allowed as well, but as the only non-family member present she was forced to wait outside. She tried to keep busy by bringing snacks every so often to the occupants of the room, but there were only so many times she could do that so she was left sitting outside the delivery room for the most part.