9.11.3

The others had come at a perfect time, really. Ahsoka still had half a ham and plenty of potatoes left, but they were starting to go bad and she needed to eat them before she ran to the market again or she wouldn't have space in her fridge. Now, though, she had two generals and a captain to feed, even if one of them was still unconscious.

She got Anakin and Rex started on peeling the potatoes, just because she knew they didn't have any experience with cooking. Ahsoka got to work on the ham, remembering to add her favorite flavors to the mix. It was already prepped, she just had to reheat it. This was going to blow Rex's mind once it went in his mouth.

While they were working, Rex leaned over to Anakin and mumbled, "So is this what knives are supposed to be used for?" Anakin snickered, and finished the potato he was working on. He brushed his hair to the side, but it still kept falling into his face.

Rex paused in his peeling. "Ever consider getting a haircut?"

"Hey, don't talk about my hair," Anakin threatened, holding the knife up at him jokingly. "You're one to talk, you have a buzz cut."

"Well, one of us wears a helmet," Rex argued, going back to his potato. "Do you have any idea what you would look like if you wore a helmet every mission?"

Ahsoka snickered behind them, clearly amused by the idea. "I want a picture of that."

Anakin whipped around and glared at her. "You're supposed to be on my side, Snips."

"Actually, I'm with Rex on this one."

"WHAT?"

"Thank you!"

"Shhh!" She held a finger up to her lips and pointed at Obi-Wan. "People are sleeping! And for the record, I've never had to deal with anything like hair. All I have are three solid lekku, but you have hundreds of tiny strands to deal with all the time."

Grumbling, Anakin turned back to the potatoes. "You're a traitor to the cause, Ahsoka."

Rex laughed, and Ahsoka paused long enough to grab something from the drawer. Moving a stool behind Anakin, she stepped up so she could reach the top of his head. She pulled his bangs out of his face, as well as most of the hair on the crown of his head, into a ponytail behind his head. "There, now you can see."

"Thanks," he said, flipping the tail back and forth a few times. Rex was grinning like a fool, but Anakin whipped him with his hair. "Shut up, Rex, it looks amazing."

"It's been a while since I've seen you with your hair pulled back, Anakin," Obi-Wan groaned from the couch, surprising the three of them. He was smiling at Anakin's hairstyle. "You should wear it like that more often."

Rex wanted to see that, but Anakin shook his head. "And get lectured every five seconds about it? No thanks."

Ahsoka put the ham in the oven and walked over to him. "I got your side stitched up and bandaged while you were out. You should still probably stop by the Halls of Healing when you get back to the Temple, but it should work for tonight."

"Wonderful," he replied, sitting upright with Ahsoka's help. It was manageable, with the bandages to support his abdomen. She got him to his feet, and let him try standing alone for a moment but staying close to make sure he wouldn't collapse.

Pointing to the bathroom with a potato, Anakin told him, "There should still be some hot water left if you want to clean up."

"I probably should," Obi-Wan decided, taking a few hesitant steps in that direction. When he didn't fall over, Ahsoka let him walk by himself and went to grab the last stack of clothes and towel for him. She brought it to the bathroom and set it on the counter, before catching a glimpse of the mirror.