9.10.3

The sun was barely beginning to set on the heart of Corellia, Coronet City, when the Separatist cruiser exited hyperspace. There were no cruisers guarding it, since it was a neutral system. In fact, it wouldn't have attracted the attention of anyone if not for two things: its shipyards, and its location in the Core. It was a little too close for the comfort to the Republic, which was why the Separatist had made no moves to try and occupy it. It also made it perfect prey for them because it was in the perfect spot to make the Republic nervous, as it would turn out.

All of the hunters had a straight shot at the city when they began to descend in transport ships. The Corellian government had no reason to expect an attack, so even they were slow to defend their planet from what was beginning to look like an invasion. Alarms only began to blare minutes after the cruiser went into orbit and the people didn't even recognize the siren.

By the time starfighters managed to get up into the air, some of the transport ships had already touched down. Hunters, spies, thieves, and terrorists, all of them, began swarming out from their landing point. As soon as they got off, the droids flying the ships returned to the cruiser. The recruits were on their own and there would be no rescue from the Separatists.

They didn't even seem to mind, though. Some of them, mostly those who had made truces during the jump from...wherever they had been held, to Corellia, had agreed to storm the capital together. A few opted to take the back routes, and snuck in through unbarred windows and balconies, while the others just blew down the front doors and started shooting. 

That was when the chaos really began to ensue. Dignitaries and politicians screamed and ran for cover while guards were shot down as soon as they engaged the recruits. More alarms started sounding and someone was on the PA system, warning for everyone to hide or run. A few of the hunters ran upstairs, having told their allies that they would take care of the security system. Others went and secured ships for their escape. Those who were left went for the vaults. That was where all the good stuff was, after all.

Of course, those who attacked the capital were the most daring and cunning of them all. Others had the feeling they would have a better chance at scoring credits and surviving in the thick of the buildings instead. A select few had scouted out which bounties were rumored to be hiding out in the streets of Corellia, and were already racing to see who could get the best rewards first. If you had a chance to snag a nice, bulky bounty and you had free transportation, you had to capitalize on the opportunity. They didn't bother with anything else, but they had to get at least one prisoner out of this trip. Two would be better, and three would set them up nicely. 

The more devious of the recruits knew of the private companies and banks that were based out of Corellia. There weren't many, but for the few of them who had done their research and could handle the security, there was plenty to go around. All of their assets were either being hidden away in vaults or waiting in shipyards. All they had to do was secure it and load it onto one of the ships in the vicinity. If it wasn't already in credit form, the assets could be sold after the prices were heavily inflated. The black market would pay for their rewards. 

Left were the lethal, heartless, dangerous recruits who had no mind for the innocent. They had no trouble sauntering into a street and picking a building at random, looting it and shooting anyone who tried to stop them. Those recruits who had fellow gang or organization members with them could storm the mansions and chain companies, and the freelancers started looking through basements, kitchen cabinets, and closet safes for valuables. Even the jewels in the bathroom could be sold for money down the road. Pedestrians were easy targets, especially since most of them weren't carrying a weapon. Any credits hidden in pockets or purses were theirs without question. 

Local militias tried to fight back, but so much damage had already been done. The recruits had spread out all over the city, picking fights almost everywhere they went. "Go stop them!" the general would yell, and the soldier would reply back, "Which one?!?" They couldn't stop them all, since they didn't even know where all of them were. There was no way to locate all three-hundred plus recruits that had been unleashed on Corellia, and while they managed to take out some of the terrorists, the majority of them were much more adept and comfortable with killing than the soldiers were.