9.3.1

Rex was waiting, as usual, for his leaders to step off of the gunship when they arrived. He wasn't particularly excited to answer to anyone other than General Skywalker, but unfortunately, he was among the missing, so they didn't have much of a choice. He recognized Commander Dume, although the other two didn't seem familiar. Hopefully, they wouldn't be too hard to work with.

When the cruiser had received word that General Skywalker, along with General Kenobi and several others, had gone missing, they had immediately begun contacting as many sources as they could for possible whereabouts. When they had gotten instructions to get ready to find and rescue them, every single soldier had leaped into action, ready to get their general back. They could deal with a few guest commanders if it meant their general was on the way.

The Padawans were all smiling as they approached the Captain. Caleb spoke since he had met Rex before. "Captain, this is Commander Majal and Commander Daru. They're going to be a part of the retrieval squad for the generals if you don't mind too much."

Rex almost smirked. Dume was one of the friendliest commanders in the Republic, and it showed. He had a feeling it was because of Ahsoka but chose not to mention it. "Our orders didn't specify which base we were heading to, sir. I don't suppose you would happen to know?"

R2-D2, who happened to be rolling by, paused when he saw the Padawans. They weren't usual presences among the 501st. Where was Anakin?

Caleb nodded in response to Rex. "They're being held at the Scarlet Haven base on Lokori."

"Have you heard of it?" Jinx asked, curious.

Rex shrugged. "A few times, but I've never been. If you don't mind my asking, sirs, who is leading the mission this time?"

O-Mer smiled. "Probably her," he answered, pointing back to the gunship, where Ahsoka had come out of her hiding spot. When the clones in the hangar saw her, they all froze still. Some of the shinies were confused, but the veterans could hardly believe it.

One full second of complete silence passed, right before the entire room erupted into euphoric cheers. Rex ran and hugged the ex-commander, and Ahsoka laughed and jumped to meet him. About half a second passed before the hug turned into a 501st group hug. Ahsoka was nearly tackled to the floor, but she just laughed with them and tried to stay in one piece. This was why she loved them: because of their crazy, unwavering loyalty to a person who definitely did not deserve it.

The next ten minutes or so were a whirlwind of blue and white armor. Ahsoka called every clone she had met by name and made sure to learn the names of the people she hadn't met yet. Some of them were over the moon that she hadn't forgotten them, others were astounded at how much she had changed. Many of them commented on how tall she had gotten, and by the end of the reunion, she was scheduled for six arm-wrestling matches, each with different people. After a storm of hugs and a few tears, the crowd finally thinned out enough that Ahsoka could take a breath.

The Padawans, who had fled the stampede of armored men, approached her and Rex, who hadn't left her side. "That was some welcome," Caleb joked, and Ahsoka grinned.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," she answered, then looked around. "It's been a while."

"What do you want us to do?" O-Mer asked. "It's your mission."

Ahsoka turned her head. "I never decided that. We never decided that."

O-Mer crossed his arms. "Alright, then. All in favor of Ahsoka leading the mission, raise your hand."

Everyone except Ahsoka, including Rex and a few passersby who were listening in to the conversation, raised their hand.

Ahsoka smiled, grateful for their confidence. "If you're sure, then get word to the bridge. As soon as we get the coordinates for Lokori, punch them in. The sooner we get to Scarlet Haven, the better."