9.14.3

Ahsoka, Rex, the Mandalorians, and the new division of the fleet, hastily named the 332nd Company, had been transferred to a different cruiser so Anakin and Obi-Wan could get to Coruscant with the rest of the 501st and 212th. Once the ship was on its way to Mandalore, Ahsoka followed Rex and Bo-Katan to the command center. They weren't far from Mandalore, and they needed to plan out their strategy.

Bo-Katan uploaded the schematics of the capital city, pinpointing which entrances they had the best chances of using and where Maul and Barriss were likely to be. As an advisor, she let Rex speak for the troopers, but she offered her input when he asked for it, which was often. Not that Rex needed it, Ahsoka knew, but he refused to let her disappear into the background.

They were working out the last few details when the doors opened behind them and a certain arc trooper walked in. Ahsoka smiled when he took off his helmet and she saw his tattooed face. "Lieutenant," she greeted him, pausing in the conversation at hand.

"Commanders, my Lady," he said, holding his helmet at his side. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

Bo-Katan watched as Rex assured him he hadn't. "We were almost done, Jesse. You're fine."

Grinning at his brother, he told him, "I came up to offer my congratulations for the promotion, Commander. It's about time."

"I told you," Ahsoka jabbed, nudging him with an elbow. "It suits you."

"So you're co-commanding now?" He asked the two of them, making an assumption.

Ahsoka answered before Rex could say otherwise. "I don't have a rank this mission, I'm just here as an advisor." She could feel Rex looking at her, but she held firm to Anakin's decision.

Jesse didn't look convinced. "I mean, I know that's what we're supposed to say, but..."

"See? It's not just me, Commander," he added, making Ahsoka groan slightly. I love you to death, but come on guys.

"I just hope it won't get confusing on the battlefield," Bo-Katan mentioned, putting her two cents in. She was amused by the situation, honestly, but there was that one issue. "Although I suppose the two of you can tell who we're talking to most of the time."

Rex and Jesse looked at each other, and each of them seemed to have the same idea at the same time. "Well, I suppose there is that," Jesse said mischievously, trying not to smile and give his thinking away. "We're going to have to call you something different."

"Alright then," Rex conceded, and for a second, foolishly, she thought that maybe he would give in to her. Right up until he said, "Don't worry, General, it won't be a problem."

"Gener-what? No!" She burst out, but Rex was grinning like the pain in the neck he was.

Jesse was already speed-walking out of the command center. "I'll let the other know!" He called over his shoulder, and the others could hear him snickering as he left.

"Jesse!" Ahsoka called, trying to bring him back, but it was no use, he was already gone. She quickly whipped around to face Rex. "Seriously? Commander was one thing, but this-!"

Rex just shrugged, picking his helmet off of the holotable. "Well, if you already don't officially have a rank, it's not going to hurt anybody. Not any of us, at least."

She was this close to socking Rex in the jaw, but that was until he added, "Besides, in my book, experience outranks everything."

As much as she wanted to, Ahsoka had no response for him. Rex grinned, knowing he had won this round and walked out of the same doors Jesse had. He needed to prepare the troops anyway.