9.6.1

Slowly, two or three at a time, most of the Jedi Masters were released from the medical wing. Some of them went to eat or rest, depending on their needs, but a few of them opted to walk around and observe. Particularly, they wanted to watch Ahsoka. Instead of being annoyed or paranoid, she decided to let them. After all, she had nothing to hide.

Actually, there wasn't much to do. Anakin and Ahsoka found Artoo, who promptly began to complain about Jinx again. Anakin was amused, but Ahsoka was starting to get sick of it and rolled her eyes through the entire rant. Obi-Wan just looked bored, honestly. They were only saved when Jinx, O-Mer, and Caleb came up to them, dragging Plo Koon and Depa in tow. 

At the sight of Jinx, Artoo passive-aggressively dismissed himself and rolled away. Jinx made a colorful comment under his breath, but not loud enough that his master could hear him. Caleb and O-Mer, on the other hand, sniggered.

"Hello again, little one," Master Plo greeted her warmly. "I've heard quite a lot about you from the Padawans. You've had quite a day."

Ahsoka smiled at the boys. "A good one, though. It's been a while since I've been able to reconnect with friends here."

Depa smiled. "Caleb showed me the schematics for the mission in the command room. For not being in the field for over a year, they were quite effective."

"War is a universal language," she reasoned. "The same battles are being fought all over the galaxy, and if you can see the pattern you can manipulate it. The same strategy would have worked at hundreds of different bases, with a few minor tweaks for each. Master Skywalker used the same tactics at Karikishaw, a few years ago."

"Oh yeah," Anakin recalled, crossing his arms. "I forgot about that. Although that time, we were rescuing senators, not Jedi. Quick and easy mission, though."

"That's what I was going for," Ahsoka replied, grinning. "Get in, get out, destroy the evidence."

O-Mer stared at her, mouth gaping. "You mean you copied the plan for the mission from someone else?"

Anakin nodded. "The best tactics of war are based upon mistakes made in the past. Skill builds on experience, but it doesn't always have to build off of your own. It's why Padawans fight with their masters on the battlefield, so they can learn from watching and engaging rather than out of a book."

"Otherwise," Ahsoka continued, having heard the speech before, "You have new Knights that jump on a cruiser with no idea of what to do. It's better to have a lower rank but plenty of experience than a high rank with nothing to work off of."

"It certainly seemed to work for you, 'Soka," Plo Koon praised, looking down on her with pride. "We would not be standing here if it were not for you."

You have no idea, Ahsoka thought to herself, but externally she just smiled. 

"If I may," Depa began, pointing down at her belt, "Are those lightsabers?"

Obi-Wan, who had stood off to the side, snapped his head around so quickly it popped. "I beg your pardon?"

In response, Ahsoka pulled them off her belt and ignited them, showing them the white blades. No one spoke until Caleb managed to make a sound.

"That. Looks. Amazing."

"How come you get to have white sabers?" O-Mer complained, forgetting that he was not supposed to be jealous. "That's so wicked!"

"I take it you can still fight, then?" Jinx asked, and Ahsoka smirked.

Deactivating the blades so they wouldn't burn anyone, she teased him. "Would I have run into one of the most dangerous slave houses in the galaxy if I couldn't fight?"