9.9.7

At hearing who exactly had come to rescue Barriss, Mace Windu turned to the Sister (not that he knew it was her, all he thought was that this was a Dark version of Ahsoka). "We were watching the wrong person. It wasn't Dooku who came for her, it was Maul."

The Sister looked back outside and cursed under her breath. "He wants to challenge for the throne of the Sith. It makes sense. No one saw him coming."

In the back of the group, Depa had started towards the exit, planning to grab the first ship she came across. "We need to hurry before Maul does something to her. We can't let him get Barriss to Mandalore-"

"He doesn't want to hurt her," the Sister interrupted, walking away from the shattered glass. "He's trying to win her over. Maul wants her as an apprentice, not a captive."

"Mandalore is neutral to both the Separatists and the Republic," Obi-Wan remembered, still a little dazed and shocked at the return of his nemesis. "We can't demand that Maul return her to us, and we can't attack them either. Mandalore is too great of an asset to risk losing to the Separatists."

The Sister snorted, waving the idea off. "You don't need to worry about that, Maul hates Tyrannus, he'd never side with them as long as he's in charge."

Windu shot a look at Dark Ahsoka. "How do you know that?"

Anakin began to panic, but the Sister had an answer ready. "I did some traveling right after I walked away from the Order. I ended up in Separatist systems, and news tends to travel in bars."

"In any case, we need to start exploring options on how to get Miss Offee back," Depa insisted, walking towards the door. "I'm going to talk to the Grandmaster."

The Sister watched her go, and she had a feeling that wasn't the only reason she was leaving. They had only crossed paths once when the Sister had been the Inquisitor, but the interaction hadn't exactly been friendly. Depa probably felt the same unease as she had then.

When she left, Obi-Wan shook his head, ripping his focus from Maul to the present. "Which brings us to item number two: what is going on with you?" He pointed to Dark Ahsoka, who sighed and began to explain that too.

"Offee let off some Sith Lightning back in her cell. Instead of her using it and escaping quicker, I absorbed it and it turned me to the Dark Side. Don't worry," she assured him, holding up her hands in surrender. "I don't plan on killing anybody."

Obi-Wan didn't look very comforted by that statement. Master Windu raised an eyebrow. "I take it this is something else you did while you were 'traveling'?"

The Sister just shrugged. "It was a very educational trip."

Turning to his apprentice, Obi-Wan pointed at Dark Ahsoka. "And you're completely fine with this?"

"As she said, she doesn't plan on killing anybody," Anakin defended her, crossing his arms. "I think this is a little different than Mortis."

"This happened on Mortis?" Windu asked, rubbing his bald head. "I must have missed that part. It's been too long. Is this permanent?" He asked her, gesturing to her appearance.

The Sister smirked, playing a little bit. "Why, do you want it to be?"

He shook his head a little too quickly, making the Sister chuckle. "Not necessarily, no. It makes me quite uncomfortable, actually."

"No, it's not permanent," she answered. "The Ahsoka you're used to will be back...eventually. I don't know when yet."

"Wonderful," Obi-Wan said sarcastically. "Well, now that Barriss is gone, I don't see why you need to stay here. If you would like to leave, you are welcome to." He walked out with Master Windu, following Depa to find Master Yoda.