What Does This Place Look Like? An Animal Shelter?~

"Where are you going, yeah?" Deidara hums from the bed and I pause, glancing back over my shoulder. Deidara watches me with one eye poked open, the other still glued shut with sleep. He's sprawled out on our bed, long blonde hair fanned out around him, twisting and curling against the dark gray sheets. The comforter is bunched up around him, one side pulled down to reveal the long tan planes of his chest. What a sexy sight.

I drool a bit.

"I was going to go for a walk. Try to exercise my knee." I finish pulling my dark black hoodie down over my head and shove my arms through. Thankfully, I'd finished pulling on my sweatpants before I woke Deidara up, because otherwise he might've seen my bright white panties. "Sorry if I woke you up."

He chuckles a bit. "It's alright, un. Do you want me to come with you?"

I let my hood fall down around my shoulders, blinking. Pressing my lips together, I suppress a small smile and shrug slightly. "Do you want to? I don't mind."

Deidara pushes the covers off and scoots towards the edge of the bed. My lips break into a wide smile and I pad my way over to the bed. I sit down on the edge, pulling my sneakers up with me, and begin to slip my feet into them. Deidara disappears into the closet and I hear the soft thud of clothes hitting the ground. After a few moments, he emerges from the depths of the dark room, an old pair of faded blue skinny jeans clad on his hips. He's tugging on a bright white shirt as he walks towards the door.

With one arm hanging out and half his head poking out of the head hole, Deidara looks my way. "Are you coming, yeah?"

I giggle, much to his amusement, and climb off the bed to join him at the door. He finishes messing with his shirt and pulls his hair free, letting it trail down his back. I stand up on my tip-toes and run my fingers through his bangs, fixing his hair. Beaming up at him once I'm done, I settle back down and glance towards the window-seat, half expecting to see Danna sitting there.

"Guess he's downstairs." I shrug lightly.

We slip through the door and start towards the staircase. My knee burns with each step, pain tearing up my muscles like a tsunami wave. We take the stairs deathly slow, which starts to annoy me, and I use Deidara as my crutch. He's strangely patient, taking each step with me. I feel like an old woman being herded down the stairs. We walk into the kitchen and find Sasori, sitting at the counter with a book. I smile slightly in greeting and grab a teacup of water and a large painkiller pill and inhale them both.

"We're going for a walk, Danna, yeah." Deidara informs the ginger, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Whatever, brats." Sasori merely sighs, turning the page in his book. I walk over to him and hug him tightly around his neck, smiling when he doesn't resist or stiffen like he used to.

"We'll be back in a bit." I let him go and join Deidara at the door.

We make our way to the front door and open it slowly, wary of the squeaky hinges. I step outside and usher Deidara out too so I can close the door. Turning back around, I take a step forward. My foot catches on something and I let out a yelp. The old wooden planks that make up the porch floor are suddenly rushing up to meet my face. I close my eyes and prepare for the pain to explode around my face. But it doesn't come.

It takes me a few moments to register the two arms wound around my torso, preventing that from happening.

Ever so slowly, I am eased back up. Deidara presses his lips together to suppress a smile, blue eyes flickering over my face in concern. I let out a breathy laugh and face palm. "Thanks." I shake my head slightly. "I'm such a klutz."

He chuckles lowly. "I've seen worse, yeah."

"True. Sarah!" I snicker.

We smile at each other for a few moments, laughing lightly, and then I look down, to see what little demon I tripped on. The smile slowly fades from my face, brows pushing together in confusion. With Deidara's help, I squat down and lightly touch the cardboard box with my right hand.

"What the hell is that, yeah?" Deidara scowls darkly. "It looks like that thing we came in when we first arrived."

I nod absently. Scribbled in bright, crimson red letters is my name, right across the top. "Help me up, please."

Deidara carefully stands and then pulls me into a standing position beside him. He bends back down and scoops up the box, scowling darkly at it when he realizes it's a little heavier than he'd originally thought. I open the door and he steps inside. Alice is trailing down the steps slowly, yawning slightly, with Kisame flanking behind her. She smiles brightly as we enter the house in greeting and pecks my cheek as she passes.

"Back so soon?" Sasori quirks a brow, still sitting in the kitchen.

I ignore him and point to the counter. Deidara sets the box down and I grab a pair of scissors. I limp over to where Deidara set the box and carefully cut through the tape that lines the top. Setting the scissors down, I pull the flaps back and peer into the box.

"Meow?"

Eight little pairs of eyes blink up at me curiously. I blink back, shock chorusing through my features, and Deidara lightly pushes his head into view. Several of the kittens hiss and crouch low, the fur on their backs puffing up. He scowls at them and I giggle. "They must be blind." I pat his head affectionately. "Why else would they hiss at someone as sexy as you?"

"I could name several reasons." Sasori grumbles, flipping the page of his book, bored.

"Shut up, Danna, yeah." Deidara huffs, shooting the ginger a swift glare.

I chuckle and shake my head. Lifting up the box, I pour the kittens out onto the counter and toss the box at Hidan as he enters the room. Said silverette curses loudly when the box hits him square in the face and Sarah almost runs into him from behind, which makes her curse loudly at him. He curses back and then looks to Deidara and I.

"Alright, which one of you little shits threw that?!" He growls.

I point to Sasori.

Sasori simply flips the page in his book, neither accepting the claim or denying it. Alice leans against the counter, lightly poking one of the kittens on the forehead. It's a little black one with red eyes, reminding me of Itachi when he was in cat form.

"Huh." I go to touch the smaller green kitten with a black head. He leaps over me elegantly and brings his paw down upon my palm, as if he's trying to karate chop it. "He looks almost...like..." I look to Alice, my eyes narrowed, "You don't suppose..."

"Good morning." Tj chirps as she skips into the room. Tobi isn't far behind, giggling like the maniac he is. But they slide to a stop when they see the gathered crowd. "What's going on?"

I blink. "New kittens. Alice? Can we have funnel cakes for breakfast this morning?"

As I glance over, I catch Alice nodding in response to my question. I grin widely and look to Deidara, snickering when I see him celebrate and pump his fist into the air. Sarah waddles over to where I stand and peers closer at the kittens, prodding a little hot pink one with her finger. The kitten hisses in response, little ugly eyes blazing with hatred, and Sarah scowls.

"I think we should drown this one." She shoots me a pointed look and points to said kitten.

"Or I could fucking sacrifice it." Hidan rests his hand on the small over her back, grinning wickedly down at the cats. "Though, it may not be equivalent to a human. I'll have to fix it later."

"Ooo! Can I help?" I grin.

"No." Itachi enters the room now, looking sleepy and sexy. I scowl at him and pout. "No fun!"

He merely rolls his eyes, a ghost of a smirk on his face. The little black kitten lets out a loud, guttural snarl and leaps forward. He leaps through a maze of drinks and over a dirty pan and launches himself at Itachi. Said weasel quirks a brow, grabs the kitten out of the air, and holds it up by the scruff of his neck. He then looks to me, a questioning look on his face. 

Deidara and Hidan burst into laughter, the former having to use both me and the counter for support. I shrug lightly, although the action does someone confirm my idea, and I look back to the other kittens. The silver and black one seems unimpressed, watching the little black kitten with a bored look upon his face. Several of the others look tense, as if they're preparing to fight.

Interesting...

Pein shuffles into the kitchen. I launch myself at him and nuzzle my nose into his cloak, giggling when I feel his arms wind around my small form confusedly. Once I release him, he peers at my face for a couple of moments and then lets out a small huff once he realizes who I am. He pats my head lovingly and then moves on to the coffee machine. "Good morning, Alex."

Apparently, God cannot function properly without coffee.

"Good morning, nii-san!" I chirp and shuffle back to Deidara's side. I've kind of adopted Pein into my family as my older brother, though at times he acts more like a father figure. He obviously doesn't seem to mind. I think he's a softy underneath.

"What did you fucking do to them?" Hidan cackles, pointing to the kittens on the counter. "It looks like they're about to fucking shit their pants!"

"Oi! Not in my kitchen!" Alice whirls around and starts towards Hidan, piping hot spatula ready. "No potty talk while I'm making breakfast. Get out!" She whacks the silverette with it and leaves a bright red mark on his cheek. He yelps, shouts a few curse words her way, and Sarah cackles like a witch as she follows Hidan into the family room.

Alice lets out a little huff and then walks back to her stove. "Anyone else need a beating this morning?"

I smirk and open my mouth to say something, but Sasori pins me with a glare so chilly that shivers run up and down my spine. Giggling, I scoop up the bored looking cat, the little spiky blonde haired cat, and a pink one and lug them all to the kitchen. Itachi carries the black kitten, still by the scruff of his neck, a white kitten and that evil hot pink one while Kisame carries the rest. I set everyone down, except for the little blonde one, and then plop back onto the couch.

The little blonde kitten meows curiously up at me, big blue eyes wide and sparkly.

"You're cute." I giggle and poke his little nose.

He blinks and sniffs at my finger. He lets out another meow and jumps slightly on my stomach when Deidara and Itachi ease into the couch on either side of me. His little blue eyes dart back and forth between them, almost fearfully, and I scratch his little rump to soothe him. "Don't be so scared of the big bad Weasel and Artist!" I coo at him, smiling sweetly, "They won't hurt you."

Deidara reaches out to let him sniff his hand. The little kitten hisses dangerously and his fur bristles in warning.

I sigh.

Looking the cat dead in the eye, I poke his nose. "No ramen until you be nice to my weasel and artist."

The kitten's eyes grow wide and he plops his butt down, traumatized by the idea of no ramen.

"Yeah, that basically confirms it." I call to Alice in the kitchen. "We have more Naruto kittens."