Operation Weasel~

Days passed quicker than usual for the next several weeks. The contractor has come back once, with the time estimate and for the lot documents. Deidara was glued to my side until the creeper left the vicinity. Alice, Pein, Konan, and I all discussed future plans. The houses should take a little less than a year, and within that time I wanted to enroll at least Deidara into the community college with me-so he could get a degree in Sculpture. I figured then he could do what he loves and make a little money on the side for it. I also want him to get a drivers licence and eventually a car.

Him, and all the other freeloaders living in my house.

Though, one thing hasn't changed. And that's Sasuke's silly little hatred for my darling weasel. He won't even be in the same room as Itachi anymore and refuses to eat with the rest of us.

I feel so bad for Itachi. He looks so grim because of it.

So I'll be dammed if I let yet another day go by without trying to fix their relationship.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours." I squat down to Deidara's level and press my lips against his cheek. He blinks, as if coming out of a daze, and sets his clay tool on the floor. Lightly pinching my chin between his two forefingers, he twists my face back towards his and captures my lips in a sweet kiss. "Operation Weasel, hmm?" He chuckles as he pulls back and releases my face.

Before I can answer however, his eyes widen and he bursts into a fit of laughter.

I scowl at him. "What? Is there something on my face?"

He nods through his laughter.

I roll my eyes and stand, trudging towards the bathroom.

A streak of almost white clay dashes across my chin, and when I crane my head back, another just below it. I scowl at my reflection and quickly wash it off. "Gee, thanks." I stick my tongue out at Deidara. "Next time make sure to get my whole face, okay?"

"Sorry, hmm. I forgot I was working with clay." He chuckles and then smirks cockily. "Next time it won't be just your face, hmm? I was thinking more of the rest of your body." My face heats up several degrees and I notice his eyes flicker down the length of my body.

I roll my eyes and rub at the blush on my face. "You're a butt, you know that? Here I was, ready to go downstairs to fetch Weasel One and Weasel Two, and now I have to wait until my face isn't the color of a fucking cherry thanks to your perverted mind."

Chuckling, he climbs to a stand and carefully steps around his sculpture. He goes to touch me but I hastily dodge.

"Oh hell no! Go wash your hands!" I shout, and then dodge again when he lunges for me. "Deidara!"

Before I can shout again, his arms are winding around my midsection. I hiss and struggle against him. He laughs lightly and hefts me up off the ground and throws me over his shoulder. I yelp at the sudden jerking moment and then once again, when he throws me down onto the bed. He crawls on top of me, elbows resting beside my shoulders so his hands are free to stroke my hair, my face, and anything else he can reach. His lips are twisted into a childish, almost sneering grin and his slanted baby blues are sparkling in delight.

I glare up at him. "Get off."

"But I'm having fun, hmm." He chuckles.

"I'm going to kill you."

"No you won't, yeah."

"It will be slow and tortuous."

"You don't have the heart, un."

I blow in his face, luckily for him, I'd just brushed my teeth so my breath is all minty. Deidara takes the weak hit like a man and then lowers his face to mine, planting several soft kisses in various places on my face. I probably look hideous by now, with the way he was messing with my hair, and streaked with clay. I huff at him, but gladly accept my fate when his lips nibble a small path down from the base of my ear, down my jaw, and to my lips. With his body pressing mine into the mattress, and his lips moving in a tantalizingly slow pattern against mine, I almost let out a whine when he pulls back and climbs off of me.