Meet Arabella~

"OWE! YOU FUCKING BITCH, STOP MURDERING MY HAND!" 

"FUCKER! I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU IN FUCKING LABOR FOR TWELVE GOD DAMN HOURS STRAIGHT!" There's a strange, bone crunching sound and Hidan lets out a little yelping sound. "IT FUCKING HURTS, DON'T IT, YOU GRAY HAIRED FUCKING ASS HOLE!" 

I sigh softly, pursing my lips to stifle the smile that threatens to break out across my face. Sarah and Hidan's screams can be heard throughout the entire hospital, making the large starch white walls tremble. I'm sure the sickly are getting some mild entertainment for the evening. Deidara snickers openly beside me, chewing absently on his straw. After a couple of hours of screaming, and realizing that the baby had decided to take her sweet little old time, I made my weasel go get us something to drink from the cafeteria. Right now, the rest of the Akatsuki are sprawled out around the waiting room. My other kittens didn't come. We didn't have enough room in the cars. 

Kisame flips through a car magazine lazily. "Alex, I thought you said you couldn't come to hospitals?" His eyes flicker away from the open page before him to find me. 

"Babies are different." I shrug lightly. "They don't have to take your x-rays for that. And Dr. Note is one of the few humans who know of our secrets." 

"Dr. Note?" 

"The lady delivering the baby." Alice pats his knee, shifting slightly in her spot in the uncomfortable chair beside him. Kisame blinks and then nods in understanding, throwing a large arm around her small form and pulling her into his side. Alice smiles brightly. 

Tobi and Tj are playing checkers-a game I never would've thought either of them would have the patience to play-in the corner, surrounded by kid toys and an array of coloring books and markers. Deidara sits to my left, with an arm slung lazily around my shoulders and my legs sprawled out across his lap, and Danny sits to my right, playing a video game. Sasori is messing with the nurses, using his chakra strings to lift various things-like a pen, for example- off their trays or clip boards or out of their hair. Kakuzu and Pein and Itachi are taking bets-waiting to see how much longer Sasori will be able to get away with it. 

Apparently, Itachi is the only one brilliant enough to realize that there are very few people who truly know what chakra strings are in our world. 

Konan is sitting calmly beside Kisame. Her hands hastily working at a torn magazine add are the only clue that she may be somewhat troubled beneath her stoic exterior. 

I am secretly a basket case. 

I say secretly, because like Konan, I've masked my emotions fairly well. I rest my head against Deidara's shoulder, fingers fiddling in my lap. For once, I don't care if I'm against too much PDA. I need some comfort from my boyfriend right now. 

Another loud, antagonizing scream rips through the air. I flinch and bury my face into Deidara's neck. 

"GOD DAMN IT! GET THIS STUPID FUCKER OUT OF ME ALREADY!" 

"WE'RE FUCKING TRYING, WOMAN!" 

Deidara's hand finds my arm, rubbing it comfortingly. "She's going to be fine, hmm. Don't these things usually take a while, yeah?"  

"I guess." I grumble. "It still makes me nervous." 

Suddenly, Alice shoots up off her chair, eyes wide and lips stretching into a wide smile. I perk up and watch her intently. She's been our little spy for the past twelve hours, listening in on the birth in wait-since most of the doctors and nurses are busy trying to hold Sarah down and keep Hidan from sacrificing anyone. 

"She's here." Alice breathes. 

A strange sense of serenity washes over the room. I grin widely, leaning into Deidara almost sleepily, and he hugs me tightly in response. Tobi and Tj stop their game, twisting away from the checker board to watch the hallways-hoping to catch a glimpse of the baby girl. Kakuzu, Pein, and Itachi's silent conversation quiets and Konan sets her paper dragon down on the chair beside hers. Daniel turns off his game and Kisame closes his magazine. 

Hidan steps into the waiting room, a little white blanket with pink stripes huddled in his arms like a football. 

He beams like a madman, fuchsia eyes glued to the tiny face within the folds of the blankets. He glances up once he fully steps into the room and regards the rest of us with a proud, smug smirk. "My fucking daughter is going to be badass." 

Laughter rings out from around us. Absently, I stand and all of the other girls join me. Alice takes the baby first, giggling lightly at the tiny weight in her arms and cooing. We crowd around her while the manly men congratulate Hidan. Arabella has bright fuchsia eyes speckled with sky blue sparkles and silver hair like her father's. Her sheet white ivory skin is that of her mother's, same with her strangely slender build. She's about two-thirds the length of Alice's arm. 

She's absolutely adorable. 

"Hey there baby girl." I coo as Alice hands the baby over to me. I cradle her in my arms and she blinks up at me. "Aren't you just the prettiest thing?" I poke her nose lightly, basking in the smoothness of her skin. 

"My turn!" Konan steps up beside me and I happily hand Arabella over. 

Only then to twist my shifty gaze towards my boyfriend. I skip over to him and throw my arms around his neck, planting a kiss to the corner of his mouth. "I've changed my mind. I want one now." 

He laughs lightly and kisses my nose. 

After a few more minutes of ogling at the baby, Alice and I break away to go find Sarah. My best friend lay in her hospital bed, utterly tuckered out. Her bright blue locks are twisted and tangled in a blue sea around her head, matching orbs watching our approach with a small smile tugged onto her lips. I hug her slightly and peck her cheek. "You look like shit." 

"I feel like shit." She murmurs, chuckling sleepily. 

"Hidan let you see her, right?" Alice smiles widely, laughing breathlessly. "She's gorgeous." 

"Must be my genes." Sarah nods. 

I laugh. "Must be." 

Hidan enters the hospital room moments later, with a crying Arabella. He holds her out to his wife, nose scrunching up in distaste. "Make her stop. Please. She's killing my damn ears." 

"Well, it seems she inherited your voice." Sarah grouches halfheartedly, taking her baby into her arms.

The baby instantly calms down, happy to be near her mother, and we all coo at her adorableness.