Healing~

"Your knee," Pinky looks flabbergasted, "it's completely shattered. Your bone, the cartilage in your joint, everything is just a jumbled mass of pieces. How are you able to walk? You don't even seem to be in pain!"

"It's called massive painkillers." My eyes flicker down towards my knee. "That, and that stupid brace is wrapped so tightly it cuts the circulation off."

Alice, who was fluttering around angrily behind Pinky throughout her little explanation, zips forward. For a moment, she looms over Sakura dangerously, the air crackling and bursting around her, until I throw a pillow at her face and she stumbles back. She huffs loudly, glaring halfheartedly at me, and Sakura shifts on the edge of her bed uncertainly.

"So can you fix her, yeah?" Deidara scowls, pushing past Alice, blue eyes narrowed towards Pinky.

"You make it sound like there's something wrong with me." I scowl at him.

Hidan snorts. "There's a shitload of stuff wrong with you, bitch."

Sarah smacks him upside the head. The sound reverberates off the walls of my room, echoing loudly. Naruto snickers, the back of his hand pressing against his lips to muffle the sound. I smirk and glance back to Sakura. Pinky sucks in a sharp breath and stares at me for a few moments, deep in thought. "I'll try to heal you." She speaks softly, mostly to me. "But I'm not...It'll take a while."

I nod. "We have all the time in the world. Alice!! Go get me some coke!"

Alice rolls her eyes and a small smile breaks out across her lips. "Alright, who's coming with me to get the Princess her precious coke? I'm also making dinner so whoever comes will get some sort of say in the food we all eat tonight."

Naruto and Kisame skip happily after her, intent on deciding dinner. Mostly everyone else follows. Deidara crawls into the bed beside me and I lean into him warily as Pinky begins to work on my knee. Kakashi leans against the wall beside Danna's workshop, bored eye glued to his book. But with the way his muscles clench tightly, I can tell he's well aware of the puppeteer working beside him and everyone else in the room. Itachi strolls over to the computer chair and sits gingerly. His book rests on the desk behind him and he picks it up, following Kakashi's lead. Sarah drags Hidan out by his ear, smiling wickedly at his yelps and curses of protests.

I smile at the sight. "They're going to make one cute couple."

Deidara snorts. "I can see it now, un. Hidan's going to wish he wasn't immortal, yeah."

"It won't be that bad!" I protest, pouting slightly. "I think Hidan cares for her, truly. And Sarah just likes to spice it up a bit. I don't think they act like that when they're by themselves." My eyes flicker down to Pinky's hands when pain shoots up my leg and grimace. "I think it's Hidan's way of telling all of us that he's still immature."

"And a dick, yeah."

I poke his shoulder. "Shut up. You can all be dicks at times."

"I'm not a dick, yeah!" My sexy blonde artist protests, scowling slightly my way.

"Probably because you do not have one, brat." Sasori states in his indifferent tone.

I die. Deidara shouts something angrily while I use his body for support. I laugh so hard tears stream down my cheeks and my fingers tighten their grip on Deidara's bare skin, nails scratching slightly. He glances over, his irritated words paused at the slight pain that stings from his shoulder, and scowls. "Oh, laugh it up, yeah. It was really funny." He huffs.

Shaking my head slowly, I struggle to find the air to breathe. Once I begin to calm down a bit, I pat Deidara's cheek slightly, though my eyes are glued to Sasori. "And how, exactly, would you know that, Danna?"

Danna's back goes ridged.

Deidara snickers, his amusement shared by the other occupants in the room, save for Sasori. Sasori glances back over his shoulder, eyes ablaze with anger. "Shut up and get better, brat."

"Awah! He does care for my well-being!" I throw my arms around Deidara's neck and hug him tightly. "I feel so accomplished."

"Stop moving, please." Pinky barks through her laughter.

And that's when the real pain begins.

~

"I'm exhausted." I whisper softly, lids heavily drooping, slicing my vision in half. "And I didn't even do anything."

Deidara pulls me closer to his bare chested self, making me forget my momentary self-pity long enough to bask in the glory of his glowing skin. It literally looks like it's glowing, with the way the soft gentle rays of moonlight hit his tanned skin, making it glow a soft, earthy pale. My breath hitches in my throat. His face is so close to mine, mere centimeters away. He has very long eyelashes for a boy, tiny blonde strands framing his beautiful big blue eyes, tangling at the ends in a dewy spiderweb like fashion.

Like me, his eyes are half-lidded, plagued with drowsiness.

There are small lacerations sliced through his left cheek, the puckered skin stretching from his cheekbone to an area of skin just before his lips.

I frown. Lightly, my hand lifts, fingers gingerly touching the skin just beneath the cut. His face twitches beneath my touch, lips flickering into a slight grimace before he is able to completely wipe the expression from his face.

My stomach clenches tightly, painfully. My lungs are so chilled I could inhale a penguin and he'd be perfectly fine for months.

I can't breathe.

"Shh," Deidara soothes softly, voice ribbon smooth. "It's alright. You were in a lot of pain, yeah. It wasn't your fault." One of his hands lifts, cupping the side of my face. "I'm fine, un."

"I hurt you." I whimper.

"You didn't mean to. It's alright." His grip on my face tightens slightly as I try to wiggle free of his grasp. "Listen to me, Alex. I'm fine. It doesn't hurt anymore. You didn't mean to. It's okay, yeah."

I focus on breathing slowly. Inhale and exhale. In and out. Slowly, the ability to breathe creeps back into me and I suck in a sharp breath. It doesn't help when his face is so near, his intoxicating sexiness drowning out all my other senses. It's hard enough to breathe normally when I'm around his sexiness, now it's like trying to push a steamroller through mud.

A strange little squeaking sound bristles past my lips.

Deidara blinks, looking confused, and then slowly starts to laugh. I flush a bright cherry red and struggle even more. "What...What was that, yeah?"

He lets go of my face to clutch his stomach, his whole body shaking with laughter. I scowl at him, fairly embarrassed, and let out a little huff.

Painfully, I manage to roll over onto my other side, my right leg resting on the bed beside my broken left one. Sakura was only able to get a third of my knee fixed today. It took a lot of chakra to move pieces of bone around inside and apparently, it's like a puzzle trying to put it back together. Though, it would explain why I wasn't able to heal it. There wasn't anything to heal.

I let out a hiss when Deidara winds his arm around my waist, resting his hand on the mattress, right beside my chest. He pulls back slightly on my body, pulling his up to meet mine. I blink, warmth filling my face all over again, when he presses the entire front of his body against my backside. His face is nuzzled into the back of my shoulder.

"What...are you doing?" I huff, trying to glance back to see his face.

"Getting comfortable, yeah." He smirks, lips twitching against my shoulder.

I scowl at him. "You're so lucky we don't have enough room for you to sleep on the couch tonight."

Deidara scoffs softly, but doesn't comment.

Probably because he knows it's true.