What?!

I sit across from Deidara, a smug smirk twisted upon my facial features, and watch him squirm in his seat. His slanted baby blues flicker back and forth between my face and the plate before him.

The pile of yellowish goo sizzles softly on said plate, bubbles growing and bursting with small popping sounds.

And he didn't believe me when I said I couldn't cook.

"Eat up." I smile sweetly, nodding towards the goo. It was supposed to be a grilled cheese. I honestly don't know where it went wrong.

Tj purses her lips, seated a little further down at the table with Danny and Tobi, and Tobi gulps.

Danny hides his snickers by taking a bite out of his own grilled cheese-which was made by Tj, who possesses almost the same skill of cooking that Alice does.

Deidara flinches.

I smirk.

Tobi shudders. "Sempai~"

Deidara shoots the masked male a glare. The fear in his eyes soon fades and is replaced by a dangerous dose of determination. He stands abruptly and walks over to one of the drawers. Deidara grabs a spoon and then walks back to the table. He pokes the goo with his spoon.

It hisses.

He jerks back, eyes wide, determination faltering.

My eyes widen. "It...hissed."

"IT'S ALIVE~!" Tobi shrieks, knocking over his chair in his attempts to run away from the table. Even Tj leaps up and books it from the room.

Danny laughs. "Those wimps."

"Go." I stare at him flatly.

His plate clatters noisily against the linoleum sink as he races from the room.

I roll my eyes.

Deidara shoots me a wounded look. "I don't really have to..."

"No, silly," I smile and shake my head, "As long as you admit that I was right. Otherwise, I will shove it down your throat."

He rolls his eyes. "So sweet, yeah."

"I know." I chirp.

Deidara chuckles, poking the goo with his spoon again. "How did this happen, hmm?"

"I don't know." I sigh, shaking my head.

He shakes his head and stands. Walking over to my side of the table, he bends down and brushes his lips against my temple. "Guess I get to learn how to cook, hmm. You were right."

My victorious smile falters. I'm not sure I like the idea of Deidara in a kitchen...playing with things that could possibly explode.

"Maybe we should just order pizza all the time." We share a look.

Then both nod hastily in agreement.

"Would be safer, hmm." He kisses me again and then starts towards the other room.

"Hey wait, you need to clean up your lunch!" I call after him, scrambling to get away from the table as the goo starts to lurch violently.

Deidara pauses at the doorway and looks back. "Hell no, un. I'm not going near that thing."

And the goo explodes.

I blink, finger lifting to wipe some of the goo off my cheek. Then deadpan, "You offended it."

Deidara scowls. "I did not, hmm."

"You totally did, you...you grilled cheese offender." I pull at the sticky cheesy goo that's now connecting my cheek to my fingers. "You'll be put on the cheese-offender list."