Goodbye:

I don't sleep.

Deidara doesn't either. 

Neither does Sasori, but he's never slept, so I don't think he really counts. 

I lay in bed with Deidara, my face buried into the crook of his neck. His arms are wrapped securely around my small form, holding me tight, and his cheek rests against the top of my head, lips pressed against my hair. His fingers trace small patterns onto my back and mine are tangled dangerously in strands of his soft honey-colored hair. 

Sasori sits at his workbench like nothing has happened, absently tinkering with one of his puppets. The sounds of his tools clicking against his puppet are magnified against the silence that has settled over the room -the sound's only rival being Deidara's heartbeat. 

Every now and then, Deidara will shift slightly on the bed, each time tightening his grip on me. I shift with him, terrified of letting him go.

I don't want him to go.

I don't want any of them to go.

All of the Akatsuki have slowly merged into my family. I love them all. They are all different and quirky and make one giant, dysfunctional family. Everyone has weaseled their way into my heart in different ways and I can't imagine life without them. I don't want to imagine life without them. 

Another sharp pain racks through my chest. 

Deidara's grip tightens, the muscles in his arms coiling tightly beneath his smooth tan skin. I close my eyes for a brief moment, allowing some sort of relief for my stinging optics, and then tear them open again, pressing my lips to the skin just above his chest-stitching. I feel his lips press against my forehead in response. 

I really don't want Deidara to leave me.

"Quit sulking, brats." Sasori snaps irritably. 

Deidara glares at him, azure eyes flashing with enraged flames. "Shut up, Danna, un! What if we never see each other again?! We're just trying to spend time with each other before we have to leave, hm." 

Sasori mutters something under his breath, but doesn't really respond. Deidara glares at him for a few moments longer, until I shift around on top of him and snuggle closer -distracting him. He embraces me tightly, eyes falling shut and lips finding my nose. My lips twitch slightly into a smile, which falters and fades almost instantly. 

And of course, Deidara notices, and slams his lips against mine in an attempt to keep me from bursting into another round of tears. 

Morning slowly stretches over the sky, dark inky black fading into deep violet and bright pink, and then eventually, a bright, white-dotted blue. I ignore it, focusing entirely on the sexy blond bomber in my arms. And he ignores it as well, squeezing me tightly to his person, at least, until a small knock raps against the door. 

Deidara's grip tightens even more so, his eyes squeezing shut in a grimace. 

"Oh for fucks sake." Sasori growls, when the locked doorknob jiggles and then another knock sounds. The redhead stands elegantly and storms across the room, yanking the door open. Naruto stands on the other side, face squished into a painful grimace. 

Sasori barks at him, facial features indifferent. "What do you want?"

"It..." Naruto scratches the back of his head sheepishly, azure eyes locked piteously on Deidara and I. His head ducks. "It's time, -ttebayo."

The world seems to drop from beneath me. 

Suddenly, I can't breathe. My heart completely stops and the inside of my chest is thick and constricted -lungs filled with mud. Deidara's lips slam against mine hastily and my eyes shoot open.