Explanations~

"You look...like a cow chewed you up and spit you back out." I lie on my right side on the edge of my bed, resting my head on my forearm. My lips are twisted into my usual, chirpy grin, despite the pain in my left knee. Hidan sits in a small fold up chair beside my head, Sarah curled up in his lap in a fire-proof blanket. He's completely out of it, head tilted back, mouth hanging open, a small trickle of drool running down from the corner of his mouth. Silently, I'm waiting for it to hit Sarah.

She glances over at my statement, crimson colored eyes flickering with amusement. "You look like you just woke up in your coffin."

"My coffin?" I scoff softly, still grinning like an idiot. "I know Danny's nicknamed me Bat Out of Hell, but I never thought someone like you would take it seriously. But it's whatever." I shrug and giggle. "You look like...Montgomery Burns."

This is my source of entertainment for the evening. My television died yesterday, in the middle of my bickering session with Alice and Danny about going staying away from school for a several weeks to 'make sure my strength is back to normal'. Save for my knee, I'm perfectly normal.

Sarah gasps. "Nu-uh! You did not just compare me to that creep in The Simpsons."

Deidara shifts around behind me. Poor sap, I haven't forced him to watch The Simpsons yet, and since he's actually paying attention to our little insult conversation, he's probably confused. I giggle and Sarah lets out an playfully irritated huff. Her crimson eyes zero in on the door, deep in thought.

"You look like an infected hair on an elephant's ass." Her eyes flicker towards me, impassive expression rivaling even Itachi's.

I bust out into laughter. My body shakes, stomach clenches tightly, and I squeeze my eyes shut. Deidara laughs as well, an arm thrown over his eyes and his chest bouncing with each bubble of warm laughter that escapes his lips. Sarah chuckles and rests her cheek against Hidan's neck, instantly waking him up.

He yelps.

"Oh shit! I'm sorry!" Sarah gasps, jerking her head back. This only makes Deidara laugh harder and I stifle my laughter long enough to clearly see the little red blistery blob on Hidan's neck. "I'd kiss it...but that'd be awkward and I'd probably burn you again."

I roll over onto my back. Pain sears up through my thigh. I clench my jaw tightly and swallow the pain back. Deidara stops laughing instantly, sitting up to loom over me. His fingers lightly touch the sides of my knee, moving in soft, yet firm circular motions. He massages until the muscles relax and then continues to rub for another few minutes, just for good measure. I let out a small sigh of relief and thank him silently, with a bright smile.

He replies with a worried look. "Why hasn't it healed yet, yeah? It's been like three days..."

I shrug. "I'm not sure about that, honestly. Every time I try to heal it, it's like it's blocked. The energy passes right over it into my calf."

My body usually heals pretty easily. The process is simple. It's like controlling chakra. You focus your energy on the specific area that needs attention and gently work out the knots that compose the wound. Our Fey energy will completely knit skin back together, heal burns, breaks, everything.

Except this. Except my knee.

And it's not like I can go to the doctor.

There are subtle differences between Fairies and Humans. In our natural, pure energy state, our skin is usually the color of our element. I am a Water Fairy, so my skin is naturally ocean-tinted blue and my hair is a lighter shade of blue. My wings, the same electric blue shade of my eyes, are outlined in a lacy-looking black magma, that pulses through the outline like blood. Sarah, who's element is fire, is a demonic looking red in her natural state, with flame colored hair that flickers like fire, and bright crimson eyes and wings with the same black lace outline. Our bones are naturally longer-a fact discovered by our older ancestors when humans first came out with x-rays-and our blood pattern is different because, when dormant, our wings are folded up beneath the skin of our back and are, also, visible beneath x-rays.