Crashed (pt. 2) (Taffia X Female Elf/Reader)

This is for KaylaSeraYorth who requested a sequel to Crashed. The fruits listed in this story all do exist--I promise--and here is what they look like:

Star fruit

Dragon fruit

Dragon fruit

Star apples (they're also called milk-fruit)

I hope you're all staying safe!

Emma
❤🐲

Warning: lesbian couple ahead. Don't like it? Then leave.

----------------------------

It has been about a month since the bandits tried to kidnap me, and Taffia still hasn't relaxed. I haven't heard anything from the creatures that visit me about the men, whether they were near or in the forest. So, I'm presuming that Taffia scared them off for good. But Taffia wasn't convinced. She's constantly watching me, and following me; making sure I'm never alone. She even sleeps at the base of my tree. At the start, I was all right with it, as I had been pretty badly shaken after my incident with the men. But now? Now, it's just annoying.

Time after time I've gone out to gather food or ingredients for remedies and Taffia would follow. She'd about three paces behind me, her head looming over me like a pink cloud. Often enough I'd have to go into areas of the forest only big enough for a human or elf to pick berries or gather leaves. And Taffia would try to squeeze in beside me, usually getting stuck in brambles and scratched by their thorns, or she'd get her wings stuck between tree branches. It was frustrating because I then had to clean her scratches and put ointment on them after.

And then there was the time I needed to take a nap because I woke up in the middle of the night to heal a poor injured gryphon. It had been a lengthy procedure, so I needed to catch up on my sleep. I had only been asleep for about an hour when I heard something big and heavy hit the side of my house. I sat up with a jolt and got out of bed. I rushed to the door, thinking another creature had flown into my house. I opened the door to see Taffia clinging onto the wooden platform in front of my door, her wings sprawled out to keep balance. Her head was a few inches away from my own. I heard the wooden plank creak from under her. She gave me a nervous smile as half of the plank broke, splinters flew everywhere. I let out a shriek and shielded my face with my arm. I looked at Taffia, who was now hovering by my door. I took a deep breath.

"What is it, Taffia?" I asked, trying to act as concerned as possible. Her icy blue eyes looked straight back at me,

"I wanted to make sure you were all right?" She responded, concerned. "I haven't seen you since this morning."

I sighed. "I appreciate your concern," I started, "but I was in the middle of a nap."

Taffia dropped her gaze. "Oh... sorry." No sooner had she said the words, she flew down to the base of the tree. She lay down, wrapping her tail around a tree root.

"Taffia" I begged quietly. I thought about racing after her, but she seemed to pout, and I was still tired. I settled that I'd apologise to her later. And I did and so did she, but she didn't ease up on her protectiveness.

I've somewhat gotten used to it but I still find it annoying that I can't have time to myself, but maybe over time, she'll leave me alone and deem that the world is safe again.

*-*-*-* 

It had been a very warm week, and I wanted a refreshing, fruity drink. So, I gathered berries, star fruit, dragon fruit and star apples to make a sweet, refreshing drink. Taffia was right behind me, which was a habit that would not change soon. I picked a few of each fruit so I could have a nice breakfast tomorrow and make a few batches of the drink for later. Taffia found it rather strange that there was fruit named after dragons--because dragons rarely eat fruit, though she admitted that it looked similar to the ancient Fire Dragons' flaming egg. I brought the fruit back to my house where I prepared it. I was near the end of cutting a star fruit when accidently I cut myself. I sucked in air between my teeth.

"Ow!" I hissed. I spun around to get my box of healing ointments and bandages for people. I had just put the box on my table when my door swung open. I jumped back in fright. In my doorway, I saw a female, pink winged angel with lilac horns sprouting up between her magenta locks of hair. She had icy blue eyes, and her skin had a rosy hue. She wore a taffy wrap dress that ended at the knee. Her looks left me speechless.

"(Y/N)!" Taffia's voice came from her lips. "What happened?" She asked. She took my cut hand and looked at my finger.

"Taffia?" I questioned. She looked at me.

"Yes, (Y/N), it's me," she said, looking at me. She undid the clasps on the box and rummaged inside.

"Wait, I have to clean it first," I said interrupting her search. I walked over to the sink. I turned on the tap and let it run for a few seconds before putting my finger under it. Once the wound was clean, I sat at the table and picked out a cotton ball and some tape from the box. I cut off some tape and held the cotton ball to my cut. I looked up to Taffia.

"Could you put the tape around my finger?" I asked. She took the piece of tape and wrapped it over the cotton ball and around my finger. "Thanks," I uttered and closed the box before putting it away. "So, how did this"--I gestured to Taffia's humanoid body--"happen? And why haven't you used this form before?" I asked, sitting back down.

"Honestly, I'm not sure," she started. "I just felt you were hurt and came up here. I felt something inside me spread through me and now I'm like this." She paused. I saw that she wanted to tell me something, but she as was scared.

"Taffia, what is it?" I asked, grabbing her hand. She looked at me and took my hands in hers.

"(Y/N)... I love you. And I think this form was an act of magic, an act that brings us together or that shows us that we are meant to be together." I looked up at her. I felt something inside, like I had found myself by hearing those words. Taffia looked away. I rose slowly to my feet and held her cheek.

"I love you too, Taffia."