Lost and Found (girl X dragoness/reader)

A/N: I originally found this:

http://vanillalolita.tumblr.com deserves all the credit.

------------------------

I've had the 'princess' for almost five years.

We've flown through mountains, swam in lakes and... I've had lots of fun with her.

I don't think I could ever let her go.

Her aquamarine eyes are so dragon like.

Her hair like my fire.

I was fast asleep. I had played until the early hours with her, (Y/N).

She scuttled over to me and stood on my right foreclaw and shook my head as best she could.

"Flameburst!" She shouted. "Come on! You promised me we'd go exploring" her voice is full of excitement.

I pretend to be in a deep sleep, but she sees right through it.

She scowls and mimics my snarl.

I smile to myself and open my right eye and lift my head.

"Fine, fine" I say. I open my jaws wide showing my sharp white and long tongue as I yawn.

I walk out the cave, stopping at the light filled entrance.

"So where do you want to go, (Y/N)?" I ask, looking down at her. She stands just below my knee.

"Uh... I don't know" she says, looking up to me.

"How about a surprise?" I ask lowering my giant head to her eye level.

She grins excitedly.

"Yeah!" She half shouts.

I chuckle to myself and pick her up by her ragged shirt, which I stole from a nearby village, along with a few other pieces of clothing for her.

I sit her on my nape and spread out my wings.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Ready" she snarls excitedly.

With a few flaps of my wings I'm up in the air and heading north: towards some abandoned farmland and a large forest, simply because she loves forests.

***

We land in field of wheat and barley, the grass is almost as big as her.

She slides of my back and rolls in the grass, giggling wildly.

"Come on,..." I start, but I smell some humans coming.

"What is it, Flameburst?" she asks.

But before I can answer, a man and woman run through the high grass, I must say they do look familiar.

The woman has hair like (Y/N); the man has a brown beard and hair.

"Please dragon!" The man shouts, "Wait!"

I lower my wings and (Y/N) hides by my leg.

"They're the same dragons as I am" she murmurs.

They continue to run towards me, and I realise who they are.

As they slow to a stop I lower my head.

"Your majesties" I murmur, wondering how they are alive.

"Are you the dragon, Flameburst?" Asks the man.

I raise my head, "Yes, why?" I ask, playing dumb.

The queen looks at (Y/N).

"My baby" she gasps.

The king turned his head to my leg, only now realising the child.

The queen moves closer to (Y/N), her scent all too familiar.

(Y/N) snarls with her blunt teeth, and hugs my leg.

I lower my head down to her.

"Don't worry, they won't hurt you, not while I'm here" I snarl the last part, but in a way that the King and Queen don't take it in a bad way, but also in a way that (Y/N) would believe it.

She nods slightly and loosens her grip only a little.

They led us to a small farmhouse; it was uninhabited apart from the couple.

They managed to earn her trust; she ate human food, she played with them, she even talked with them.

I was happy to see her with her own kin, but sorrow filled my heart as I saw her play with her mother.

At sunset I flew to a nearby cave—which I made sure was uninhabited—in the forest, and brooded there for a bit, thinking of the past five years with her.

I heard the faint sound of a horse galloping, and it was only getting closer.

On the stead was the king, his black horse bounding with power towards me.

"What can i do for you?" I ask.

"It's (Y/N)" he said, "She's tired"

"But—" he cut me off.

"She trusts you. And my wife and I want to talk with you before you leave for the night, or however long you will be gone."

I nod and follow him on foot to the farmhouse, where (Y/N) was fast asleep.

"You wanted to talk?" I say softly as I sit on the ground in front of the house.

"We just wanted to thank you, for what you've done." Started the queen.

"Without you, our daughter would not be alive" continued the king.

"What are you getting at?" I ask, worried that I would no longer be able to see (Y/N).

"We do not believe taking her away from you is a good idea. But we would like to see her as often as possible. If that's OK?" Said the queen bowing on the last sentence.

"That will not be a problem, but (Y/N)... She needs to know the truth." I say, looking to the sky.

----------------------------

(Y/N) has been visiting her parents for about four maybe five years.

She loves spending time with them, but she spends most nights with me.

I love hearing about her time with them, and she's even starting to call them mother and father.

I think my days with her are now numbered...

A/N: This entire thing was inspired by writing-prompt-s and vanillalolita on Tumblr.