(Dungeons & Dragons) Sibling-Swamp (Voaraghamanthar & Reader)

For Azureman136 with the help of RoseLupaTW. Requests temporarily closed for the next two weeks. You can send requests but i wont respond to them until the second week of July. Hoping to work on some personal stuff before I go on holibobs/get work.

Hope you enjoy it!

---------------------------------------------

"I hate this..." I grumbled, heaving my feet through the swamp. The constant drizzle was irritating. No matter how many heat spells I used to warm myself or dry out my clothing, the mist would undo it all.

"You look as dark as the clouds above," mused my older brother, Christian.

I shot him a glare. "Shut up, you." He had the enchanted cloak, gifted by the master who loved him oh so much—his father. The cloak kept him dry, and he refused to share.

He scoffed. "Quit whinging. I didn't drag you out here."

I sighed, unsure if he or the rain pissed me off more. While this may have been my idea, it was a chance for us to catch up after all his years away training while I settled on joining the Daggarford guard—only one of us was blessed with a father who shared an interest with them, and was captain of the guard in a far better city.

I walked over to him, under his makeshift tent—made with another waterproof-enchanted fabric. I kicked him. "Move your fat ass," I frowned at him, arms akimbo. Christian muttered and shifted aside. I plopped down beside him and rested my head on his shoulder. It felt firm, it always had.

I glanced up at him and sighed softly, listening to the rain fall on the tent. "I'm sorry I dragged you out here..." I mumbled.

He smirked and cupped his ear. "What was that?"

I hit his stomach, rock-solid like the rest of him. "You heard me!" He must have been built entirely of muscle.

Christian hummed. "Forever a secret." I saw a smile crack on his lips, and he looked out at the falling rain. "What do you want with this dragon?"

"Voaraghamanthar is the most elusive dragon ever. Anyone who battles him can't outdo him! He's just too fast or teleports a bunch or something. No one knows." I shrugged.

"I'm not letting you get killed. Mother would hate if her beloved (Y/N) were to perish so young." He frowned sternly.

Sighing, I said: "I won't go searching for him. I just want to see him. Some say he's quite talkative too, loves to learn about what's going on in the world. Others say he collects books to learn. So, I brought some." I pointed to the sack I'd brought in the corner of the tent to stay dry.

Christian stared at me. "And what if he decides to do his thing of being too quick or whatever? The two of us won't be enough."

I looked at him. "Most who pass through don't get harmed. Not even other dragons coming into the territory."

He didn't seem satisfied. "Alright," he sighed and stood up. "I'll go have a snoop around or something, before I pick up your insanity." He shook his open hands by his head.

I rolled my eyes again. "Whatever." I shuffled to the middle of the tent to stay dry. I heard Christian trudge through the soggy swamp, belting his sword and holding his shield. "Good luck." He gave a dismissive grunt and walked away, leaving me listening to the rain.

I sighed softly and looked at my sword, ensuring it was sharp and ready in case something happened. I doubted it would, but I knew Christian would manage to provoke something. "He's so stubborn and dumb sometimes! Being daddy's golden boy." I muttered, swiping the whetstone over the steel blade.