The Fight For Love (Dragoness X Female Drake/Reader)

This is for AlyraAsiro, I hope this is ok and I'm sorry that it took me a while to do I'm just super lazy right now (as my Scales and Hooves readers know) so enjoy!

-----------------
LESBIAN COUPLE AHEAD! DONT LIKE IT? THEN LEAVE!
------------------
(F/C) = favourite colour
(E/C) = eye colour
------------------

Sorai POV

Finally, today's the day! The day I finally get (Y/N) 's attention, to have her as my mate. Just think of it; the two of us--together.

I have enlisted the help of some adventurers to stage a fight against me, so I may win and get (Y/N)'s attention... And then I'll make my final move; to confess my love for her and then we'll bond... Hopefully.

***

I climbed up out of my cave, looking out at the late morning sun. I see the shallow canyon nearby; the site for my fight with the adventurers. I draw in a long breath, smelling the air. I can smell it, victory! I take flight, my violet scales shimmering as I glide over the grass tufts, reflecting specks of purple light across the plain.

I fly towards the forest--no one can fight and be victorious on an empty stomach. There I found a nice big herd of deer. I killed five quickly and easily. I was partway through eating the third one when I realized that I may have to leave the rest for (Y/N), should she be with me tonight. After dropping the slain deer back to my cave, I flew over to the canyon--there was no sign of the adventurers, so I flew a little more south, in the direction of (Y/N)'s cave.

I landed near the cave and trotted the rest of the way. I saw her by the waterhole by her cave. The drake stood there sipping the cool water as the reflected light from the water hit her (F/C) scales. Oh, how beautiful she was, right there, only a few yards away.

I admired her for a few more minutes before she looked in my direction. I straightened up, turning into a blushing mess. She giggled at my messy state, which made my cheeks flush more.

"I.. uh... There'll be a fight along the canyon soon," I blurt out in a panic. (Y/N) looks up at me, intrigued.

"Then I look forward to seeing it," she said, her (E/C) shining. I stand up fully and nod, before taking off again.

Gods, I messed that up! I say to myself. Now I'll have to win... Not that there was any doubt I would before now.

***

The sun had nearly set, and they hadn't shown up... The adventurers hadn't shown up. I sat by the canyon, looking down, feeling sorry for myself. I sigh.

"Maybe I'm just destined to be alone," I say hopelessly.

"No one is ever destined to be alone," comes a voice. It's (Y/N), walking towards me. She sits beside me. "Everyone has someone who loves them," she says, resting her head on my shoulder.

My cheeks flushed. "Everyone?" I asked, looking at her.

"Everyone." She whispers, touching her snout against mine. I wrap my wing around her and kiss her forehead.

"(Y/N)," I start.

"I know," she replies. "The fight was for me, and I feel the same," she said simply. She nuzzled me and I nuzzled back.

Maybe them not showing wasn't so bad after all.