Sweetheart {pt. 2} (Holiday Special) (Gadro X Reader)

First of the holiday specials. Had a pretty awful one this year with my family and so this is me kind of letting it out? Another much lighter (and horny) one is on the way. I've been pretty busy with assignments, work and family drama but i hope to have the next thing up very soon. Hope y'all are doing okay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you for the dinner, Ms Aris." I stood up to help her with dishes.

"It was my pleasure, (Y/N). Please sit." She smiled and looked at Gadro. "You, though, won't escape helping tonight."

Gadro got up. "Of course, Ma." He sighed dramatically and took my plate, kissing my forehead. "Go sit if you like." He gestured to the living room. I nodded, taking it as a sign that it was the best thing to do to avoid being in anyone's way.

I sat neatly on the plush couch, looking at all the cute pictures of Gadro and his mother. A lot had him grinning far too widely beside his mother's simple yet cheerful smile. It felt strange to be so idle while hearing the other two clean up. It wasn't long before they came over. Gadro sitting beside me and curling his tail behind me in a hidden hug. It was also strange to see him with a top on. Just a simple white shirt, but very strange.

Ms Aris sat in an armchair. "It's so wonderful to get to spend this time with you, (Y/N). Gaddie was so excited when he told me about you. You've always had a special place in this house."

My face heated, and Gadro covered his face. "Ma!"

She giggled. "Come on, Gaddie. Nothing wrong with admitting you're happy to have someone special."

I couldn't help but smile. "She has a point, Gaddie."

Gadro peered at me for a moment and sighed. "it's great to see that you two are so similar, but I think (Y/N) has somewhere to be." He gestured his head to the clock.

I looked at it, terror striking my body. "Oh shit! Yes. I'm sorry. I have to go." I bolted to my feet, about to miss my curfew. "Thank you for tonight." I bowed to Ms Aris.

She frowned and stood up. "It's okay. It was great to meet you."

I smiled and rushed out the door, Gadro following close behind. "Are you okay?" I heard him say as I pulled on my cloak, chilly air hitting my body.

I shook my head. "Mama will kill me!" I spun to look at him. "Thank you for tonight. It was great to meet your mother. Please pass on my apologies." I kissed his cheek and ran off to get home in time.

No sooner had I opened the door, Mama said: "You're late." She was in the kitchen, the brightest light in the hall that night.

"Sorry. Didn't notice the time." I hung up my cloak by the door.

"And who were you with again?"

"Babu." I strode to the open archway to the kitchen. Then I stopped in my tracks; Babu was sitting there, my best friend, with his mother. He gave me a nervous wave, knowing trouble was coming my way.

Mama looked from her spot by the counter. "That's very strange, isn't it?" She tilted her head, fear gripping every inch of my body, unable to move or speak. She sighed. "Go to your room. We'll talk when our guests are gone."

I quietly left the room, forcing myself upstairs. My chest felt heavy, and my eyes welled. What will she ask? What would I tell her? Not the truth. Anything but the truth.

I waited nervously in my room, unable to stay still. I thought about packing my bags and running. But where to? I have no currency fit for the other towns and states. There's no way I'd survive very long. I'm a baker, not a warrior.