Bait (rogue male dragon X female human/reader)

This is for samtheskeletongirl. Hope this is OK. This is my first time to do something like this, so let's give it a shot. This was originally requested as a lemon, but 1) this chapter just seemed to drag on and on and 2) I've lost my touch for straight smut. I'll try to get it back...
----------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

Who could ever imagine that the daughter of a wealthy merchant could ever become bait for dragon trapping, but now, that's exactly my situation. My wrists were bound together, the rope digging into my skin, leaving them raw. I was gagged with an old dirty rag, which was tightly wrapped around my head, leaving my mouth as dry as a dessert and my cheeks aching.

I looked down at the four links of rope around my wrists, oh how sore they looked. Red and swollen looking compared to the tightness of the bland yellow rope. My body rocked from to the right as the carriage wheels hit some sort of dent in the dirt road beneath.

I was still in my white nightgown, which was now slightly torn and dirty from my fight against the trappers. Three of them had woken me in the middle of the night, dragged me off my warm and comfortable bed and threw me to the wall. While I was still stunned, they pulled me out if my room and down the stairs. Of course my father, brother and mother were away at a ball and I'm guessing all our servants and guards were drugged, seeing as no matter how loud I yelled and begged, no one came. Eventually, the bulkiest of the trio stopped my kicking and screaming and carried me out of the home and into this large and unpleasant looking horse-drawn carriage. It was then I was hit in the temple with the pommel of a sword. After that? I don't remember.

Now, you're probably wondering about the entire bait for dragon trapping thing, right? Well, it's rumoured that south of our town, Ruglon, there's a dragon living on the hill we refer to as the Beast's Layer. Of course, as a girl, I just presumed it was so large that it looked like a beast had made itself right at home, but now that seems to no longer be my idea of why the Beast's Layer is called so.

The carriage came to a rough stop, sending me forward in my seat, the only thing that held me back from falling on the floor was the muscled arm of one of my captors that crossed my torso just in time. I let out a grunt as my chest hit his arm. After my head hit the wooden wall of the tight carriage interior, the captor that stopped me from falling yanked the rope that was attached to my bound wrists and pulled me out of the carriage. Once my feet hit the ground, a man that was waiting outside the carriage, blindfolded me. He had several scars on his face and neck, the main one that stood out was just below his left eye that looked to be several years old. "Bring 'er to the trappin' tree." He ordered, his voice dry and rough.

After what felt like several minutes of fighting against the three men's grasp again, I was hauled off deep into the forest and sat at the base of a large tree, which I guessed was an oak tree. My wrists were raised above me and were tied to the tree.

"Let's see how long it takes to lure him," the scar-faced man said. All of them began to walk away from where I sat and showed no sign of coming back.

No POV

A dark dragon roamed the sky scattered sky. He had smelt the trappers from several miles away, and ever since they had made their camp, he had winged the skies, waiting since earlier that day for them to either move closer and strike or to lay their bait. And now he smelt a new arrival: a female of their wretched human species.