(Dungeons & Dragons) A Noble Scheme (Claugiyliamatar X Female/Reader)

First request of 2 for Azureman136. Hope you like it Sorry for it being so late. Big thank you to RoseLupaTW for her help. Love you boo 💖

-------------------------------------

"What do you want with me?!" I hissed as I was plopped down onto a mass of pillows. I curled my legs in close to me as the armoured brute stared down at me through his helmet. The deep cave was chilly, and I was dressed only in a light nightgown.

I glared at the brute, awaiting an answer. I barely saw his eyes blink through the slit of his helmet. As I jumped to my feet, he shoved me down onto the pillows.

"Don't fight, love. You'll not be harmed," came a loud, slithering voice. Whoever she was, she stepped closer and at the sound of her snapping fingers, my guard, and kidnapper, stepped away.

"Who are you?!" I stood up again and glared into the black abyss beyond my lit-up corner of the cave.

She chuckled deep in her throat. "Someone who only wishes to talk," she spoke as if she'd not sent someone to kidnap me, but rather an impatient parent. "So don't use that tone with me."

I clenched my jaw and swung my arm up at the lantern dangling above me. It wavered slightly, the flame flickering unusually for a moment. She hummed, amused sounding. "Oh, sweet little (Y/N), I know you have not the strength, nor agility, nor speed to fight or flee me. So, participate and you'll be back home in your plush bed."

I faltered, looking into the abyss towards her voice. "H-How do you—?"

"—Know your name?" she interrupted, amusement hanging to every word. I could almost see the grin on her face. "I know everything about you, my dear. I know your brother has recently left to become a mage; your father is one of the wealthiest nobles in Waterdeep; and you are awaiting a suitor to take your hand in marriage, something that makes you sick to the stomach." Her voice came closer and from above.

I stared, trembling in shock and cold. "I-I don't understand..." I looked toward her voice in the void still, my neck craning up.

A soft tut left her lips. "It's okay. It's a lot for a small pretty little mind to take in." A large, scaly talon reached into the light and tapped my forehead gently, the sharp nail not leaving a mark.

"Wh-What are you?!" I stumbled backwards, landing on the pillows.

She sighed. "Humans. So easily scared." She snapped her fingers again, and a transparent purple hue surrounded the lantern and it floated towards her. I glimpsed green scales and webbing along the top of her head. I gulped; a green dragon so close to Waterdeep hadn't been heard of since the fall of House Brokengulf. A moment later, the lantern lit up the whole cavern, showing me the large green dragoness, posed mjestically. She looked so elegant and powerful; my heart stopped.

She grinned, large white teeth on display for me. "I am Claugiyliamatar." I don't know how long I stared in shock, fear, and despair but it must have been a while. She yawned a number of times and lay down, relaxing her entire body. She twirled a staff with four clouded crystal balls at its four branched ends—seemingly unamused.

I slowly fixed myself and drew in a breath. "H-How are you a-alive?" I stammered, sitting as upright as I could.

Claugiyliamatar smirked and stared at me, deep into my soul. "It's easy enough. Spread some rumours, work on little-but-timely schemes, and hold such incredible power." She clicked her sharp talons, and several men came out, nothing but steel bonds on their hands and wrists.