Christmas Special (Dragon Chick X Child/Reader)

This was inspired by writing-prompt-s on Tumblr

This was inspired by writing-prompt-s on Tumblr. So half of this belongs to them. This isn't really a royalty one so this is more of an average, middle-class person one. Oh, and it's kinda modern too, so...
Enjoy!

-------------
C/O/C: colour of choice
F/C: favourite colour
UB/C: underbelly colour
H/C: Horn colour
E/C: eye colour
D/N: dragon name

-------------------------
This is it! The day I've waited for, for more than 10 years.
     It's Christmas Day, and I'm ten years old. This means today I'm going to get a very special present. A present every ten year old gets on Christmas Day.
     A dragon egg.
     Yes, every child gets one. Well anyone with the mark on their left shoulder.
     Some have a Phoenix, others a miniature Griffin.
      These animals are to be our long lasting friends, that will not leave our side until death.
     This tradition only came in after a witch cursed the next 10,000 children who'd walk on this land, to have these creatures by their side, til death do them part.
     And I am a child among those 10,000 cursed.
     I was born with a (C/O/C) dragon symbol on my shoulder. And so today, I am destined to receive a dragon egg.

I felt the sun shine in through my window on to my face.
     I groan to myself until I realize what day it is.
     I jolt upright in my bed, excited.
     I scramble out from under the bed clothes and run out of my room.
     I shake my older brother/sister awake.
    "Ugh... (Y/N)..." He/She groans, and pulls his/her duvet up again.
     "But... Charlie" I whine.
     "Go wake up Mum and Dad" he/she groans.
      I giggle naughtily, and run out of the room and in to my parents room.
     "Mummy, Daddy" I squeal, and jump on their bed. "Wake up, wake up!"
     "Ugh... Sweetheart" my mother groans.
     "Just give us a minute" my father groans.
     I giggle and run out of the room.
     I rush down the stairs and sit on the ground by the tree.
     The LED lights were dotted like stars on the artificial tree.
     I rooted under the tree, pushing aside presents for Charlie and my parents. I had studied all the presents under the tree for weeks; looking at who they were for and from, studying their feel and shape, and finally, shaking my presents that I couldn't make out what they were.
     Finally, I came across a present that I hadn't seen the night before, or ever.
     It was about 5 inches long and about 4 wide, it was adorned in silver and gold Christmas wrapping paper.
      I softly shook the box: something rolled inside as I shook.
      I heard my family come down the stairs, and settle down beside me.
      "Open it, Sweetie" my mother says.
      I look down at the box, joy was the only thing visible on my face—according to my mother—and tore open the paper.
      The box had a picture of the dragon symbol on my shoulder, and in silver, joint writing said, handle and care with love.
     I lift the lid of the box slowly off and look inside: there was a/an (F/C) egg surrounded by white crepe paper.
      The egg was sprinkled with (UB/C) and (H/C) diamond shapes, making it look like someone had painted a giant chicken egg and sprinkled glitter on top.
       I beamed at the sight on my dragon egg.
     Charlie chuckled at the look on my face and called over Phil, his/her Phoenix.
     "I'll get the stand ready" he/she said, and went to get the egg stand that he/she used to hatch Phil.