Chapter 32

My eyes fluttered open and I slowly scanned the room. I was in a hospital bed? I can't recall how I ended up here.

While trying to remember how I ended up in the hospital my mom walks in through the door. She notices me awake and runs over to me joyfully.

"Oh my god, sweetie your awake!" She exclaims hugging me.

I hug her back "what am I doing here?" I ask her.

"You don't remember?" She asks with a confused look on her face.

I nod my head no.

"Well I don't know much the police told me that Tom found you in the woods and called the cops."

Suddenly I remember get hit in the head and falling unconscious a couple minutes later but that's all that comes back to me.

I look at her weirdly after she mentions Tom was there. "Tom?"

"Yeah, hes such a sweet boy!" She smiles. "He stayed here the whole time you were here, without even going home."

My heart skips a beat about the fact that hes here right now. I swallow hard. "He's here? Right now?"

She shakes her head. "No, he just went home. We made him go since he hadn't left in two days. He insisted on leaving when you woke up."

I calm down a little. "Oh." Is all I say.

It's sweet that he stayed. I wish he was here right now, so I could ask him what happened.

My mother strokes my head and looks at me with a fond look. "Look sweetie, I don't know what happened between you two but I know he still cares about you very much. He's a nice boy, try and give him another chance."

"Thanks mom." I say smiling.

She kisses my forehead and then pulls away.

"Your awake!" A voice from behind says.

A nurse stands behind my mom smiling. He was probably in his mid 40s and looked really good for his age. 

He asks me some questions and I get released from the hospital by 6 pm.

I get home and my mom walks inside. I decide whether I should go to toms house or not.

"You coming inside?" My mom calls from inside the house.

"Um" I pause. "I'll be there in a minute."

I run across the street and knock on his door. A few seconds later, his mom opened the door.

Nikki smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Y/n, Hi!Tom will be so happy that your awake. He's been so worried."

"Nice to see you Mrs. Holland! I actually came to see him. Is he here?" I asked pulling away from the hug.

She moves away from the door, giving me room to walk in. "He's in his room."

I say thanks and walk up their stairs. When I reach his door I take a deep breath before I knock.

"Come in!" He says from inside.

I open the door and look around. His room was messy and his clothes are all over the room. His bed was neat, and clearly was not slept in.

Toms voice echos from the bathroom and gets closer. "Mom I'm going back to the hospit-" He pauses when he sees me.

He stands outside the bathroom door,wearing grey sweats and no shirt. He's holding a towel and his hair wet so I assume he just took a shower.

"Y/n?" He says dropping the towel he was holding.

Without even realizing it, I walk over and hug him. It's a second before he's out of shock and wraps his arms around.

He pulls apart and it gets awkward real fast. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the hospital.?"

"Uh they released me from there. I was just getting back home, but I wanted to say thank you." I say shyly.

"Thank you for what?" He says like he genuinely doesn't know.

"For finding me in the woods and staying at the hospital for so long. You didn't have to do that." I smile.

"Oh, I was just scared. I didn't wanna lose you." He says quietly.

Both of us slowly start to lean it. My hands are sweaty and my hearts beating. Suddenly, a phone starts ringing, causing us to pull apart before our lips could even touch.

"I should get going." I say pointing to the door.

"Yeah, uh I'll see you tomorrow? If u want." He says hesitating.

"Yeah. That's sounds good." I say smiling, before heading out the door leaving.

I go home and my mom makes dinner. Although I regret not asking tom how I ended up in the woods, but I wasn't comfortable talking to him that long. I don't think I can ever get over what he did to me. Even if he did save my life.

Thank you guys so much for 43k reads! I'm sorry I hadn't updated, I just didn't know what should've happened next.