Chapter 29

I feel like an idiot for saying it back. It was a moment of weakness. I can't help the way I feel, even if I don't wanna feel that way.

Toms glassy eyes fill with hope and I immediately regret it. Before I knew it his lips were on mine. Tom started slowly kissing me, and for a second I kissed him back.

I snapped out of it and pulled away. "Tom I-"

The disappointment washes over his face again. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that"

Feeling even more awkward than I already was, I start getting ready to leave.

Without saying anything else, I leave his house and step out into the rain. I was still muddy from when I fell out of window.

I was up to my house, and had to figure out a way to get back in. I stare up at my window, regretting this even more now.

While I was trying to figure out how to defy gravity and make it back up my room, the front door of my house opened.

I froze in panic and saw my mom standing in her pajamas. "Get inside. Now" she demanded.

Great, now I have to be lectured for like an hour before going back to sleep again.

******

I stood by my lockers wondering if Tom would come to school or not.

What if Tom and Kevin fought again?

I seriously need to stop thinking about Tom. On the way to my class I turn into a hallway and see a couple kissing each other desperately. Grossed out I look away, only to look back again when I recognized who it was. It was Tom and Emily.

It felt like someone had stabbed me in the chest. With every kiss it was like the knife was twisting and turning inside me.

I had to remind myself that we were broken up and he could do whatever he want.

I walked past them ever so causally, making sure not to look or stare. Eventually made it to first period.

I prayed Tom would skip class today. A few minutes pass by and my prayers are answered. Tom doesn't show up to class.

A few minutes into class and someone knocks on the door, coming I late.

Thankfully it wasn't tom, but unfortunately it was Kevin. He comes in and you can immediately see the bruises and scars on his face. That does nothing to his appearance though.

He walks in and he passes where he usually sits. Instead he makes his way over to the empty seat next to me.

I shift in my chair uncomfortably. Finally the teacher stops talking and I start working immediately. After a while of silence, Kevin nudges me a little, making me look over at him.

He points to his paper and whispers "how do you do this?"

"Ask the teacher" I whisper back not wanting to talk him.

"No way he hates me!"

"Well maybe if you actually listened he would like you"

Kevin laughs, catching the teacher attention. "No talking!" He scolds Kevin.

"I didn't even talk" Kevin lies.

"Then what are you two laughing about?" The teacher asks.

"Your pull out game" Kevin says, making the students burst into laughter.

I find myself laughing too, but then stop once the teacher yells again.

"DETENTION! FOR BOTH OF YOU" he yells, and you can practically see the smoke coming out his years.

"I didn't even do anything!" I protest.

The teacher ignores my remark and goes back to desk. Great now I have detention. Thank you Kevin again.

"Sorry about that" Kevin says. "But at least you won't be lonely in detention."

"Whatever" I sigh and leave the class once the bell rings.

"See you later princess" Kevin shouts when I'm out the door.

The word princess sends shivers down my spine. I can't even count how many times tom has called me that.

I want this day to end already.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Slowest update ever sorry!
Hope u enjoyed tho :)