Chapter 16

Tom gets in the car all mad.
"You okay?" I ask
He sighs "ya haz is just a dick"
I nod "he's also a really bad kisser"
Tom laughs rests his hand on my thigh while we continue to talk about other things. Tom drops me of at my house, and I walk inside to packed up bags. I sigh looking around, my dad was moving out. He said he would always visit, but it wouldn't be the same. I go up to my room and see Tom from my window. I smile and close the curtains, as I get into something more comfy. A few hours later, while I'm on my phone the doorbell rings. Who could it even be. My mom and dad are home, unless someone was visiting, but Why this late at night.
"Y/n!" My mom calls form downstairs "come downstairs!" I roll my eyes, thinking about having to greet another person. It could be Tom but he's in room. I run downstairs to see my dad hugging someone. I wouldn't quite make our their face, until they let go of my dad. As soon as I saw him I ran and jumped on him. It was my brother who was studying at a university, 18 hours away. "Mike!!!" I squeal.
I didn't get to see him that often, and when I do he stays for a little bit, because he's busy. "I missed u" I say hugging him. "I missed you too y/n"
I guess you could say I needed someone who would understand what I'm going through. Mike would agree with me, about our parents getting a divorce. He would stop them. I let go and he goes up to his old room to freshen up. Mom and I were setting up the dinner table while Mike comes down from his shower. It would be a family dinner in a long time, and unfortunately me of the last since dad was moving out in a day. And then it hit me. Mike was coming back because dad was leaving wasn't he? "Mom?" I ask "Mm?" She responds setting down the plates.
"Did mike come back because dad's leaving?"
She stays quiet, she opens her mouth to answer but is cut off by mike.
"What's for dinner?" He comes down the stairs and puts his hands in his pocket. Mom clears her throat. I walk away to the kitchen annoyed. Dad also comes down and we have dinner together as a family. I stay quiet the whole time, only speaking when I need to. So Mike knows dad's leaving. Why doesn't he seem against it? After dinner, I rush up to my room. I put said headphones and just lied there drowning myself in music. Then the door opened and I pulled out my headphone.
"May I come in?" Mike asks
I nod
"Nice room you got here." He said looking around before taking a seat next to me on my bed.
"Ya I redecorated it, figured it needed to Change."
He nodded still looking around "oh it sure did, your old room looked like shit"
We both laugh "wow thanks"
There's an awkward silence after that.
"You know about mom and dad?" He asks
I nod
"And ur not happy about it?"
I nod again
"Do u know why?"
I shook my head no.
Mike nodded his head, thinking about something.
Then abruptly I speak, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Aren't u mad?"
He takes a deep breath before answering. "I was pretty mad at first, not gonna lie, but I realized I need to respect their decision."
"But it's not fair, your only saying hat because you don't live here anymore anyway! It doesn't affect you"
He nodded understandably "your right, but they have to do what's good for themselves y/n"
Tears swelled up in my eyes. "Please can u just talk to them? Make them understand?"
He looked into my eyes and then looked down. His answer making my feel like I've been stabbed in the back by the person I trusted the most. "No, y/n I support their decision, it's the right choice, and the best thing for both of them."
The tears that were dangerously tutoring over the edge had fallen. The fell down my face as I practically screamed. "How could u want our family to be broken apart!?"
"Y/n I-"
I cut him off. I didn't want to hear a thing he had to say.
"No, get out of my room!"
"Just listen-"
"No!"
"Dad cheated on mom!" He screamed
My tears stopped dead in there tracks. I was slowly processing what had just been said.
"Wh-What?" I asked "no dad would never"
Mike gave me hug, and we stayed like that for a while. I cried on his shoulder, confused about so many things. I couldn't Believe what mike just said.
-
-
-
-
-
Thankkk youuuuu for readingg