Chapter 20

Y/ns POV:

It's been a week after my doctors appointment and today tom said he has something special planned. Something must've happened while I was gone because maya has been ignoring me all week. She acts as if I'm about to pounce on her. She can't even be in the same room as me of even look at me. Other than that my dad moved out and mike was staying longer than I thought.

I focused my gaze on the mirror before me, eyeing my outfit for my date with Tom. I was frankly nervous for what Tom has planned. Taking a deep breath in and confirming that I wasn't going to change my outfit for the 100th time I walked over to my bed and grabbed my phone. Tom would arrive in 30 minutes, I got ready beforehand just Incase. Opening my phone I let out a sigh as maya hasn't texted, called or even talked to me in a week. I text her one more time, hopelessly trying to fix whatever happened. I wish she would just talk to me, and help fix our friendship.

After anxiously waiting for tom to arrive, he finally does. I hop down stairs and towards the door. I open it and see a limo, as I walk towards it cautiously the window rolls down to show Austin in the drivers seat.
"Austin?" I ask speeding up my slow pace from before.
"I have orders to drive you to your location" he informs
I smile and hop in, blushing at the fact tom was such a gentleman.
I stare out window for what seemed like 10 minutes, before Austin turned around and told me I could get out. I went to open the door but it was opened by one of toms friends.

I stepped outside feeling the grass crunch beneath me. I walked forward and spotted a pathway of rose petals scattered across the ground. Following the trail, I see haz holding a rose and hands it to me. Then he moves to the left and I see another one of toms friends, who was standing behind haz. Behind every guy there was another, and they all handed me roses. Austin was the last guy to hand me a rose before I had to follow another short path of rose petals.

After following the rose petals, it stopped and everything was sort of dark. Not 5 seconds later, everything lit up. There was a board, lit up that read "will you go to prom with me?" My eyes gazed at the sign and then bellow it, where tom was standing in a suit and a rose. Still shocked I walked towards tom holding the roses, with a smile from ear to ear. I practically jumped into his arms. I could hear him laugh into my ear, before asking "is that a yes?"

I laughed and let go nodding my head violently, still unable to speak. He takes my hand and leads me to picnic by the lake. It was dark but lit with all the lights Tom and managed to put, with an amazing view of the lake.

We eat dinner and Tom gets up and puts on some music. He walks back toward me and reaches out his hand for me to hold.
"Care to dance?" He asks
I smirk and take his hand "of course"
We both start swaying to the music, and I lean my head on his shoulder taking in this moment.
"Thank you" I whisper
"For what?" He asks slightly chuckling
I lift my head "for everything" and I lean in giving him a small kiss on his lips.

While dancing some more quietly, Tom smiles and stares at me.
"What?" I ask smiling and blushing like crazy.
He shakes his head shyly before speaking, "I just love you y/n, everything about you."
My heart pounds, while taking in what he just said. My smile widens, and I can see him slowly getting worried with my silence.
"I love you too thomas" I say looking down at his lips.
Relived he leans down and kisses me. I can feel him smiling into the kiss, and I swear I've never been more happier.

The night ended and Tom drove me home. I gave him one last kiss on the cheek in the car before walking back into my house. I shut the door and leaned on my door, smiling. I swear I looked like a lunatic. I go up to my room and change into comfier clothes. I slip into my bed and think about the whole night. Tonight was so perfect, and butterflies came in my stomach just thinking about it. I drifted off to sleep, with a smile on my face, for the first time in a long time.