Chapter 23

"Tom?" I blurt out.

He turns his head and looks over at me. "Yes love?"

We were currently watching a movie at toms house. Tom invited me over after going to the ice cream parlor. His parents aren't home so we have the whole house to ourselves.

I didn't mean that in a dirty way possible!

Scanning all the soft gentle features on his face with my eyes I allow myself to continue. "Maya came over today" I said in a small voice.

His lips twitched up into a genuine smile. "So you guys are good now?" He asked.

I looked down at my hands. "Uh not exactly" I pursed my lips together and started fidgeting with my hands.

He paused the movie and turned his full attention to me "Then what happened?"

I let out a sigh deciding if I could still back out now. "She told something"

Sensing I was nervous he grabbed my hands and gave me a small small. Surprisingly it helped more than I thought and I continued.

"She told me about this bet" I looked up at him now, waiting for his reaction. As anticipated his jaw clenched and his eyes searched mine. His grip on my hands loosened as he wanted to hear more.

Tears dared to fall from my eyes as I tried to keep calm.

No backing out now

"A bet you made" I said scared of his reaction. His eyes started to water now but nothing fell.

He had remained silent all this time until about now. "Y/n" he said softly. His voice was quiet and gentle.

I shook my head slowly making him stop from speaking any further. "Tom she said the bet was on me" my voice cracking saying the last part, as I try to keep in a everlasting sob.

Silence.

Nothing but silence was all I got. Waiting for him to speak felt like an eternity. And with every silent moment that passed my heart broke even more.

Getting tired of it, I decide to break the silence. "Tom? Is it true?" I ask the question that's been eating me up inside.

A tear falls from his glassy eyes "Y/n, I'm sorry"

It felt like I had been stabbed with a knife. And he had just taken it out. Removing my hands from his, I grab my purse and make my way to door.

"Y/n" he yells after me causing me to stop but not turn around. I didn't want him to see my tear stained cheek, or how much he broke me. "Everything I said to you was true" he pauses before continuing. "They made me do a bet. To get me to sleep with u for $500" I scoffed but he continued anyway. "I accepted it but after getting to know you. I started liking you y/n. All those memories we had was real. When I said I love you, I meant it."

I turned around and took in Toms beautiful features. He looked as beautiful as the day I met him. Only now he was crying and pleading for my forgiveness.

I walked over to him and I saw a tiny shred of hope light up in his eyes. "If you loved me, you would've stopped it" my voice was shaky and quiet, barely a whisper. But he heard me, as I saw the light in his eyes go away. Only to be replaced by tears.

He put his hands on my waist, making me freeze. Even though he's touched me many times, he will always have this affect on me. "Please don't go" He whispers. "I love you"

I shook my head, and took a step back releasing myself from his grip. "I love you" I paused again before continuing. "But that's the problem."

This time as I turn around walking out the door, he doesn't call me. A part of me hoped he would, but another part wanted to be left alone. But all of me hoped this was all a lie.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thank you for reading :) I hoped you enjoyed!