Chapter 11

It had been 2 weeks and Tom has even invited me to sit with him at his lunch table. I declined but he insisted, his friends are really nice to me and I actually have friends now. Being friends with Tom has made me more known around the school. More people started to talk to me, but I knew it was because they wanted to use me to get close to him. It was as if he was a celebrity or something. More and more people started to talk to me and I became overwhelmed. It was nice but as I said before I didn't like attention especially fake attention. I still had no real friends. Until well today.
I was walking down the hall when I bumped into someone.
"I am so sorry" I apologized bending down and picking up their stuff. I didn't even make eye contact I just looked at the ground and then I looked up when I heard a voice I've never heard. "It's fine"
I had never seen this person here so I asked "are you new here?"
She smiled "is it that obvious?"
I laughed and shook my head no "no it's just I haven't seen you around here"
She pointed to her schedule and asked if I knew where her class was.
"I'm going the same way" I told her
She chucked and in fact we had every single class expect for science. Things are finally looking out for me. I hope so at least. Her name was maya and I'm so glad I have a real friend. Then 9th period came, science.
"Who's the new girl you were hanging out with?" Tom asked
I looked over at him in suspicion "Why do u care?"
He smirked "she's hot"
I rolled my eyes and made a straight face "she's lesbian, so u have no chance. No matter how hot you are"
Toms ears perked up at my words "you think I'm hot?"
My face flushed and turned red. "That's not what I'm saying t-"
He cut me off "uh I think that's exactly what your saying y/n"
I shook my head and laugh "whatever, you can't sleep with her because she's lesbian and my friend."
"Fine, but if she wasn't she'd probably be all over me like every other girl too."
"Just shut up already tom"
Class ended and Tom drove me home it was kind of like a habit now. When I got home big my parents were waiting for me on the couch. They never do that so you could see why I would be worried.
"We have something we need to talk to about sweetheart" my dad said to me
I sat down besides them and waited for them to talk. They looked at each other and then back at me.
"Your father and I" my mom started "we came to the decision to get a divorce" she paused to the panic and worry expression take on my face before continuing. "We put a lot of thought into this and this what is best for both us and what we both want."
My eyes filled with tears "I don't understand"
My dad finally spoke "honey your mom and Have been thinking about this for a while, it's best for everyone." He looked at me just staring at him in confusion. "We hope you can understand, this wasn't an easy decision y/n"
My sadness turned into anger. Hope I can understand?
I stood up and screamed with tears streaming down my face.
"WHAT ABOUT WHATS BEST FOR ME?"
They flinched and looked disappointed
"Did you even think about me when making this decision?!?!" I asked my voice breaking
My dad stood up and hugged me "of course we did sweetie"
I broke out of his hands and ran upstairs. I couldn't believe what they were doing. They didn't even care about how it affected me. How could they be so selfish. My quiet sobs filled the room as I sat on my bed confused, angry, most of all hurt. After about 10 minutes, I heard a knock on my window. I wiped my tears and saw tom. I quickly walked over to the window and opened it for him. He crawled inside and saw how I looked. He stared at me before pulling me into a hug. I cried on his shoulder as he just kept whispering "it's okay" over and over again.
-
-
-
-
-
I am writing so much, kinda sad how y/n has more romance than I've had my whole entire life💀