Chapter 28

The fight was over. For what seemed like endless hours I watched in fear as Tom and Kevin practically ripped each other apart. I flinched with every hit Kevin took at Tom.

Eventually Toms friends came in and broke them apart. They were both beaten up badly. The crowd dispersed and I stood just there.

After a while I got in my car and started to drive home. My body longed for the feeling of getting back home and lying on my bed.

Two guys just fought over me. That has never happened. Ever. I didn't think it would happen, and I didn't want it to happen either.

I got home and face planted on my bed. I wish I could just stay like this forever but I can't.

It's 1 in the morning and I'm still doing homework. I tug on my hair in frustration, while trying to figure out how to do this. I have been trying to figure this problem out for like 3 hours.

Why do teacher always assign homework that's completely different than what we learned in class?

The weather isn't really helping either. It's quiet inside my house but outside it's like 100 loins yelling. I stare outside and see toms house. Funny thing I had forgotten about Tom because of my homework.

I stare at it for a while before getting up. I'm probably crazy for doing this, but I grab my rain coat and open my window. I felt like I needed to go to his house. To make sure he was okay. I slide my rain coat on and slip out of my window trying not to make any noise.

If I get caught I'd probably most likely get murdered.

My chances of not getting caught are probably 10 out of 100 but you know what? I'll take those odds.

I hop of my window and onto the roof trying not to die.
The rain makes the roof very slippery.

I pray to god that I won't fall and of course, I fall.

My body rolls down the roof before hitting the muddy surface before me.

"Shit" I mummer under my breath.

Hoping that didn't wake anyone up I get back up on my feet.

The things I do for an asshole who doesn't care about me.

I think about going back for a second but decide against.

I run across the street and towards toms house. I leap onto his porch and notice that his parents car isn't here. Toms isn't either. I knock anyway hoping he would be in there.

My small knock ends up pushing the door open. Confused I look inside and see no one. It's dark but I notice muddy footprints leading inside.

I walk inside but leave my muddy boots on the porch.

The only thing lighting up the room is the thunder and lighting from outside. The floor boards creak beneath me as I walk slowly through toms house.

I stop and lean over to look at the kitchen. I hear sounds of drawers opening. I freeze like I always do.

The lightening strikes again, brining light to the room. It reveals a shadowy figure holding a knife before it goes dark again.

"Please don't hurt me!" I squeal, squeezing my eyes shut and preparing to be killed.

"Y/n?" The shadow says before turning the lights on.

I sigh in relief when I take a peek and see it's only Tom.

"What are u doing here?" He asks putting the knife down.

He's completely soaked in water and I see a beer bottle on the kitchen island. Someone's having a rough night.

"I-I uhh came to see how you were doing you know after the fight." I get out.

He finishes taking another sip of his beer. "I'm doing fine, you can leave now" he says harshly.

"Tom-"

He interrupts me. "What? You can go back home and make out with Kevin, isn't that what you want?"

"Tom, don't do this" I beg him.

"Do What?" He comes closer and shrugs his shoulders. "I'm not doing anything. Your the one who broke up with me y/n! Not the other way around!"

I scoff in disbelief. "I'm not the one who betted on someone's virginity"

He doesn't say anything. Instead he just stares back at me. His eyes are blood shot red and mine are about to be.

He silently turns around but groans and clutches his stomach when he does. I rush over to him and hold onto him.

"What happened?" I ask

"Nothing" He hisses.

I try to lift his shirt up but he resists. Eventually he gives up and lets me.

I see a huge cut on his stomach. It's deep but not really serious deep.

"Tom oh my god" I say in shock. "How did this happen?!"

"Kevin" Tom mummers out.

I trace my fingers over it unknowingly and he winces. "Sorry" I apologize looking up at him.

I get up and take his first aid kit.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Helping you." I pat towards the counter, signaling for him to get up on it.

He hesitates before hoping up on the counter.

"Take your shirt off" I say, embarrassed knowing he would tease me for it.

He smirks and looks at me. I give him a stern face. "Tom come on"

He chuckles but winces in pain after it. Karmas a bitch.

He takes his shirt off, making me realize how much I missed this view.

"When did Kevin do this?" I ask while patching up his cut.

He puts his hands on my hips balancing himself and me. It sends shivers down my spine making me realize how long it's been.

"An hour ago." He says.

I sigh. He's better than this.

We sit in silence until he breaks it. "I'm sorry" he says quietly.

"I know" I pause. "And it's okay"

We both don't say anything for the rest of the time. When I'm done I put everything away but his hands still rest on my hips.

"There" I say with a weak smile.

He stares at me and doesn't say anything. His eyes trace all the features on my face.

"Y/n?" He calls. I don't answer and wait for him to continue. "I love you"

I smile while my tears spill over my face. "I love you too"
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Hope you enjoyed reading :)